• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 7 Burns, But No Audio

gvbooth

Question

I have been burning DVDs with 2-3 hours of songs and everything was perfect, but today when I burn Music dvd under audio it shows video_TS and Audio_TS in final disc, but there is no audio in that folder. I copied 3 CDs that I own to my hard drive and then pulled them into toast as I was afraid that they might be AIFF and I wanted MP3s. It is driving me crazy to keep wasting all my time to no avail. I have Mac OS 3.9. Thanks, George

1 answer to this question

I have been burning DVDs with 2-3 hours of songs and everything was perfect, but today when I burn Music dvd under audio it shows video_TS and Audio_TS in final disc, but there is no audio in that folder. I copied 3 CDs that I own to my hard drive and then pulled them into toast as I was afraid that they might be AIFF and I wanted MP3s. It is driving me crazy to keep wasting all my time to no avail. I have Mac OS 3.9. Thanks, George

I'm a little confused reading the description of what you did. My understanding is you selected the Music DVD format in the Toast audio window, dragged in the tracks from 3 CDs you had copied to your hard drive and burned a music DVD. You're saying the DVD doesn't play on your DVD player. Is that correct?

There never is anything in the AUDIO_TS folder on the disc. The audio is in the VOB files that are in the VIDEO_TS folder. This is the standard.

Your reference to MP3s and AIFF doesn't apply to a Music DVD. You can have either as your source audio, but Toast will convert them to either PCM or Dolby Digital depending on what you've chosen in Toast's custom encoder settings window. PCM is like AIFF in that it is uncompressed audio. However, it is 48 khz instead of 44.1 khz to comply with the DVD spec. This is an excellent choice if you are planning to have less than 7 hours of audio on a disc. Dolby Digital is also known as AC3 and is compressed so you can get up to 50 hours of music on a DVD. Toast lets you choose the compression setting for Dolby Digital. The default is 192 but I recommend 256.

So what happens when you play the Toast-burned DVD with DVD player on your Mac or with your standalone DVD player?

Archived