• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

cant add AVI files to myDVD

leighton

Question

just bought a new comp with vista on it and also has roxio on it, i burn a DVD image no problem well quick it was too, but the problem i'm havin is when i want to creat a DVD i try to add AVI files and it wont let me, all i see is a red circle with a red line through it for all the files apart from the windows media format. what do i do? Help??

8 answers to this question

i've got gspot now and just imported the file but what am i looking for? it says on video and audio 2 compatible codecs installed. does that mean anything?

Yes, it means you should have the codecs to play the file. Does it play in Windows Media Player? Can you tell me the kind of file it is?

I think you'll need to try the fix in the second link I posted above.

Yes, it means you should have the codecs to play the file. Does it play in Windows Media Player? Can you tell me the kind of file it is?

I think you'll need to try the fix in the second link I posted above.

it plays no problem in windows media player, i only get the problem when i want to add the file to burn.

i know its an AVI file. how do i find out exactly what it is?

i went to that link to fix the divx problem and it says to look for them 2 files they weren't there

it plays no problem in windows media player, i only get the problem when i want to add the file to burn.

i know its an AVI file. how do i find out exactly what it is?

i went to that link to fix the divx problem and it says to look for them 2 files they weren't there

Just reread the entire thread and realized you're on Vista. I've not found anyone that's been able to use that tip in Vista. The problem could be DRM related too.

Gspot should tell you all you need to know. Just look in the video section.

Also, it is possible that you could be missing an audio codec so check that section as well and make sure you have the correct one installed.

post-79-1186925300.jpg

I have the same problem only it is with XP prof sp2. but i also have problem with VOB files. all play with media player. howver I cannot do any thing with them using video wave. I have contacted support and they said to update Video driver and I have reloaded roxio emc9xe using the web link to remove it. But still no luck

any help would be appriciated.

I have the same problem only it is with XP prof sp2. but i also have problem with VOB files. all play with media player. howver I cannot do any thing with them using video wave. I have contacted support and they said to update Video driver and I have reloaded roxio emc9xe using the web link to remove it. But still no luck

any help would be appriciated.

Read posts 1-6 of this thread. If it doesn't pertain to you, start a new thread.

just bought a new comp with vista on it and also has roxio on it, i burn a DVD image no problem well quick it was too, but the problem i'm havin is when i want to creat a DVD i try to add AVI files and it wont let me, all i see is a red circle with a red line through it for all the files apart from the windows media format. what do i do? Help??

Exactly what type of avi files are these? Based on the posts here like yours, I'd say xvid. Either way, you need to first be sure you have the proper codecs installed on your system. To do that, download Gpsot and import your avi file into it and see if you have the proper codecs installed.

Also, there's a tip here that explains how to fix a divx problem.

Exactly what type of avi files are these? Based on the posts here like yours, I'd say xvid. Either way, you need to first be sure you have the proper codecs installed on your system. To do that, download Gpsot and import your avi file into it and see if you have the proper codecs installed.

Also, there's a tip here that explains how to fix a divx problem.

i've got gspot now and just imported the file but what am i looking for? it says on video and audio 2 compatible codecs installed. does that mean anything?

Archived