Creator 9 with Windows Media Centre 2005

DannyR

Question

Hi everyone.

I have just purchased and installed Easy Media Creator 9 Suite, but can't find any way of using the Creat DVD Video option within MCE 2005. It still only has the option to create a Data DVD.

I thought that now that I have the MyDVD module installed it should automatically include the option to create a Video DVD within Media Centre 2005.

I bought the suite simply to copy recorded TV programs to DVD to save hard disc space and also to be able to watch them at a later date on separate video recorder/TV set-up.

Is there something I need to do to get MCE to recognise/use the MyDVD module directly without having to exit Media Centre?

Kind Regards

Danny.

3 answers to this question

Hi everyone.

I have just purchased and installed Easy Media Creator 9 Suite, but can't find any way of using the Creat DVD Video option within MCE 2005. It still only has the option to create a Data DVD.

I thought that now that I have the MyDVD module installed it should automatically include the option to create a Video DVD within Media Centre 2005.

I bought the suite simply to copy recorded TV programs to DVD to save hard disc space and also to be able to watch them at a later date on separate video recorder/TV set-up.

Is there something I need to do to get MCE to recognise/use the MyDVD module directly without having to exit Media Centre?

Kind Regards

Danny.

Not sure where you got that idea. Videowave and MyDVD both will import dvr-ms files, but they are not accessible as 'modules' within MCE environment. I burn TV shows almost every day for my sister that doesn't have cable. I just run MyDVD, select DVD-no menu and add the dvr-ms file. MyDVD converts it to MPEG 2 and burns.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you use MCE to record your TV?

I did have Cyberlink's DVD burner in conjunction with MCE some time ago and it was supplied with a .msi file that allowed it to be used from within the MCE environment. I thought that Creator 9 would be the same, especially when Roxio produced the original Sonic encoders for MCE 2005............

Archived