• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator hangs system or generates errors when reading/burning disks

bowls

Question

Just purchased a DELL Dimension 9200 with Vista Home Premium. Came with "TSSTcorp DVD-ROM" and "PBDS DVDRW DL" drives. Using Windows Explorer I can open and view the contents of all DVDs without problems using either drive.

When I open Roxio Creator and choose "Copy Disc" if I insert a disk into the DVD-ROM drive (as source) it frequently hangs the program and Windows along with it when it tries to read the disk. This is before even clicking the button to burn. For some disks it’ll get farther along and go through much of the burning process before ending with the following error message:

There was an error writing the image to your hard drive. Please make sure you have 0 KB free on any one of your hard drives, then try the copy again.

These problems seem to occur when I try to read DVD+R data disks (various brands) that were burned on another computer (using Nero Express running XP). Note that these disks did not present a problem on the other computer nor do I have problems viewing or copying their contents on my new PC using Windows Explorer and either drive.

DVD-R disks and CDs burned using the other computer have not caused Roxio Creator any problems even when using the “Copy Disc” feature. Also a DVD+R disk that caused Roxio Creator to hang when trying to read it from the DVD-ROM drive burned fine using the “Copy Disc” feature when using the DVDRW drive as both source and destination.

I’m baffled by why Roxio Creator is choking on so many disks and in some cases crashing my computer. I reinstalled Roxio Creator but it didn’t help.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived