• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Truncated Audio file

MTBrawner

Question

I make an audio soundtrack for a slide show in .mp3 format, using a third party program (Cool Edit Pro). It plays fine, it saves fine, but when I add it as background audio to a VideoWave production, it ends up with a large bite (2, 3 even 4 songs) missing. Anybody understand this or have a fix?

It is really annoying to go through all that work and Roxio trashes it, eh? :angry:

7 answers to this question

It is really annoying to go through all that work and Roxio trashes it, eh? :angry:

1) Are you able to play that mp3 in Windows Media Player without problem?

2) Do you have either IE7 or WMP11 installed in your system?

1) I use as few MS products as possible(IE7 and WMP11 both uninstalled months ago), but it plays fine on Real Audio, Cool Edit, Creative Media and in the Roxio Audio editor.

2) Ibid.

Should I just bite the bullet and spring for the latest iteration of the Roxio Program? :unsure:

Well now that just doesn't make sense...why is there a "Fit to Audio" function, if the program is going to truncate to the video length a priori?

I'm talking about a large slide show. If I set the slide display interval to 10 seconds(or some ridiculously large number) do you think I can get all of my audio track to load? Maybe then tinker with the interval until they match-up?

Is the current version different enough for me to replace this older version?

The "Fit to Audio" is only useable if you have photo images in your project. If there is only video and the video is shorter than the audio, then the audio has to be truncated since you cannot have audio and no video.

If you have images in your slideshow then "Fit to Audio" will correctly adjust the duration of the images to fit the length of the audio

Is the duration of the video shorter than the duration of the audio? If so, audio will be truncated and will only play the amount of duration of the video.

Well now that just doesn't make sense...why is there a "Fit to Audio" function, if the program is going to truncate to the video length a priori?

I'm talking about a large slide show. If I set the slide display interval to 10 seconds(or some ridiculously large number) do you think I can get all of my audio track to load? Maybe then tinker with the interval until they match-up?

The Fit to Audio button should set it so ALL of the music, and the slides, start and finish at the same time. If they don't, something is not right.

What I used to do, and actually still do, is bring all of the music that I want, into Sound Editor, join them, take out any gaps that I want to get rid of, then output it as one .wav file. I then bring that new .wav file into VideoWave, and fit the audio and slides, using the button.

Archived