.Avi Issue

doggett_x

Question

I downloaded the proper codec to play X-vid files in Windows Media Player, however the files aren't able to be imported into MyDVD. I keep getting this message:

Could not add thumbnail. Make sure you have appropriate decoder installed. -47010.

However the "Help" section says that if the files will play in WMP, then I should be able to import them. Any ideas on what to do? Only thing I can think of is using this program Movavi, except it's $60 dollars. It lets you convert movie files to another format. I just won't have $60 spare dollars for awhile.

Thanks.

Andy

5 answers to this question

I downloaded the proper codec to play X-vid files in Windows Media Player, however the files aren't able to be imported into MyDVD. I keep getting this message:

Could not add thumbnail. Make sure you have appropriate decoder installed. -47010.

However the "Help" section says that if the files will play in WMP, then I should be able to import them. Any ideas on what to do? Only thing I can think of is using this program Movavi, except it's $60 dollars. It lets you convert movie files to another format. I just won't have $60 spare dollars for awhile.

Thanks.

Andy

You can try this prefup patch and see if that helps. It was pretty successful in v7. You should reboot after applying this patch.

You can try this prefup patch and see if that helps. It was pretty successful in v7. You should reboot after applying this patch.

Still nothing.

I got that, downloaded it. Ran it. Restarted my computer. Then I opened up a new DVD project, clicked "add files", and still got that error message.

Thanks for the help though.

Still nothing.

I got that, downloaded it. Ran it. Restarted my computer. Then I opened up a new DVD project, clicked "add files", and still got that error message.

Might also be a codec conflict. You could try removing the codecs and reinstalling them one by one.

The fact is, problems like this are very hard to figure out. Can you try Gspot and import the file in question and see what codecs it needs vs. what it says you have installed? It might be an audio codec that's the problem.

Still nothing.

Do you have Internet Explorer 7 or Windows Media Player 11 installed? If so, you need to get rid of them.

Archived