• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cd Spin Doctor.

gesplus

Question

In CD Spin Doctor for Mac, I don't understand the "Recording Time Left on Disk". It always shows 3 hours 22 minutes before starting a recording. I am recording at CD quality setting, the only one available.

The "recording time left on disk" does not relate to a CD, and no matter how much space is left on my hard drive it always says 3:22:06.33 before starting a recording.

Thank-you.

4 answers to this question

Hi Guru.... can you tell me if i can use spin doctor to write to a larger file size on a mac... I want to record a 72 hour radio show... I have plenty of hard drive... thanks...garyfeldmd@pacbell.net

I may be mistaken but I believe the 3 hour 22 minute limit for recording in Spin Doctor relates to a maximum file size limit with the Mac OS. Unlike video capture applications Spin Doctor doesn't automatically create new files to continue writing after the single-file limit is reached. So you would need to stop recording and start a new file.

It's referring to the amount of space remaining on your hard drive, up to the maximum size (3 hours, 22 minutes) that Spin Doctor can write to a single file.

I think I see, you're saying it's the limitation of CD Spin Doctor's ability to write to a single file. That's why whether I have 60G or 25G left it says 3:22.

Thanks again.

It's referring to the amount of space remaining on your hard drive, up to the maximum size (3 hours, 22 minutes) that Spin Doctor can write to a single file.

Hi Guru.... can you tell me if i can use spin doctor to write to a larger file size on a mac... I want to record a 72 hour radio show... I have plenty of hard drive... thanks...garyfeldmd@pacbell.net

Archived