• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 6 crashes computer - udfreader.sys implicated

I recently loaded Creator 6 (boxed copy) onto my new computer and used it for the first time. At the end of the burn, my computer crashes and I get the "blue screen of death," as I call it. I must restart the computer to proceed. The software does the same thing to my husbands computer. 'MS Windows error reporting' states that udfreader.sys is the culprit. Any ideas or should I just toss Roxio? If toss it is the answer, how do I get it off my computer - just use "Add/Remove" in the Control Panel? Or do I need to use Roxizap?

I recently loaded Creator 6 (boxed copy) onto my new computer and used it for the first time. At the end of the burn, my computer crashes and I get the "blue screen of death," as I call it. I must restart the computer to proceed. The software does the same thing to my husbands computer. 'MS Windows error reporting' states that udfreader.sys is the culprit. Any ideas or should I just toss Roxio? If toss it is the answer, how do I get it off my computer - just use "Add/Remove" in the Control Panel? Or do I need to use Roxizap?

I'm not using this version so I'm not really the person to answer but it sounds like a conflict with Drag to Disc and what was already on your computer. I think udfreader is a part of Drag to Disc and if your system already had a similar type of program, this could cause BSD's.

Sounds like your using Drag to Disc for your burning and that's causing your problems.

I would uninstall it thru add/remove programs, then run roxizap also. Then install it, but choose a custom install and opt not to install Drag to Disc.

Of course not knowing what OS you are running, we can only guess… V6 is not Vista compatible nor will it work with any Sever OS.

None of my PC's, including one with V6 have any file called "udfreader" on them. It sounds more like a file that came from an earlier version or a packet writer disc.

Sorry. I guess I should have stated that I have Windows XP (Home Edition) Service Pack 2.

I'm going to uninstall and run Roxizap. The only other similar software that may have been on the computer must have come bundled with XP, as I haven't loaded anything. But that raises a question: is there utility in XP that would allow me to burn CDs? I've searched for it, but found nothing. Is it possible that Roxio removed it? Sorry to have so many questions - I've just moved to the PC from the MAC world.

Windows has an inbuilt CD writer and, although it was built by Sonic, it's integral to Windows

Select the files you want and just drag then to the optical disc and that's about it

This won't work for audio files - it's session writing software and CD players can't handle that

Archived