File Size

stevend

I selected YouTube to share my video. Buzz recoded it but at completion YouTube rejected the video because it was too big at 110,376KB. This happened twice. Once with the option box selected for best quality and the same size file was produced when the quality box was unchecked. My original file was a QuickTime movie 384,096KB. Help please, Steve...

Hi Steve, we will try to reproduce this and get back to you shortly. The short answer is to cut some material out of the video. If you can't do that, it may need to wait until the next post to fix the issue, assuming we can reproduce it. How many minutes and seconds long was the video?

I had a further attempt tonight and success!!

I did two small cuts to bring the QuickTime clip down to 00:04:28.

Transcoding took 4min and 32sec with 6801 frames.

Uploading took about 1 hour but this reflects my so-called broadband connection I guess!

I was only logged in as a single user on my pc this time. Is Buzz heavy on RAM?

I have 1GB DDR2 with a dual core AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 processor.

Hey Steve. Glad you were successful. You should be able to upload up to 10 minutes, per the YouTube requirements. We have made many fixes since the last beta build was posted but we're not quite ready to release yet (a few more days). I hope and expect that this issue will be gone in the current build. Buzz is not heavy on RAM but that should not affect your upload speed anyway. 1 hour seems excessive, you should compare it to uploading the same size file directly through the YouTube site to see if the speed is the same.

Re: Build 100B42A and test.

Uploaded a wmv file of 134,575KB to Buzz which transcoded and uploaded to YouTube fine.

Then tried original unedited QuickTime file of 384,096KB (00:04:42), the same file which caused me problems last time. Transcoding started with 4min 46secs and 7174 frames shown. At 4min 40 secs and 7006 frames, there was an unusual loud beep from the computer case, the screen went blank momentarily then "Some unknown error occurred while transcoding, and transcoding will be stopped" was shown.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived