No Menu Selector (highlight) In Dvd Menus ?

jdist5146@yahoo.com

Question

I'm using Roxio My DVD 8 in order to make a compilation DVD with videos, slideshows, menus, etc. When the project is burnt onto a DVD, the menus are not working properly. The "buttons" or "text" that represents a link to the file is not being highlighted in the DVD Menu. In case I'm not being clear enough, it is the "selector" that shows where your remote is on the DVD menu when the disc is played on a DVD player. It also does the same thing when you preview the project in My DVD 8 and also when the disc is placed into a computer. help !?

4 answers to this question

I'm using Roxio My DVD 8 in order to make a compilation DVD with videos, slideshows, menus, etc. When the project is burnt onto a DVD, the menus are not working properly. The "buttons" or "text" that represents a link to the file is not being highlighted in the DVD Menu. In case I'm not being clear enough, it is the "selector" that shows where your remote is on the DVD menu when the disc is played on a DVD player. It also does the same thing when you preview the project in My DVD 8 and also when the disc is placed into a computer. help !?

How many "shows" are you putting on one menu page. Sometimes if you try to put too many on one page, they will overlap. You will not see it because the "selection box" is actually larger than what you see. Try using a different menu style like one without the thumbnails or trt putting several of those shows on a second menu page.

Please post back if this solves your problem (and what you did.)

How many "shows" are you putting on one menu page. Sometimes if you try to put too many on one page, they will overlap. You will not see it because the "selection box" is actually larger than what you see. Try using a different menu style like one without the thumbnails or trt putting several of those shows on a second menu page.

Even though this is the hard way, I ended up reformatting my main internal hard drive. (I keep all of my multimedia files on two external hard drives.) I completely reinstalled everything onto my computer and the program works just fine now. I've already burned a couple DVD's with it. And the DVD's have the proper selector on the menus.

I guess if worse comes to worse back up all of your files and try reinstalling everything. My problem happened to be with some sort of improper installation either by Windows or Roxio itself.

Thanks to all that helped in this thread.

On many of my menus I am using the menu format that will use one movie thumbnail to show a few second preview of the 2 to 5 clips that I have on each menu page. For example I am using the "Stripe" menu format and then I have altered the font and background audio and image to my liking. Regardless if I have only 2 clips or 5, it doesn't make a "selector" on the screen so you know which clip you are choosing on the DVD menu. I also have been making sure that the "red box" that surrounds the title of the clip is not overlapping one another.

That menu styles works fine for me. The 'highlight' color is a very dark purple.

What type of video card do you have? Videowave and MyDVD use the video subsystem extensively so having a good video card is much more important than earlier versions. Try updating your video drivers.

Archived