• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

unable to activated mpeg 2 codec ?

rapunzel

Question

HELP! I'm trying to open up DVD creator & it tells me I need to activate the mpeg 2 codec. This is particularly interesting because I've opened up the DVD Creator before. I assume this is happening because I just installed a new version of Tivo Desktop.

Regardless, I click the ok button & I get a failure, so attempting to troubleshoot the issue I tried following the online instructions for an offline activation & it WILL NOT ALLOW it. It tells me that the number is wrong & gives me another error message even though two of us have tried typing in the number & double, triple & quadruple checking it so that we know it has been typed in properly & we've even tried typing it in 3 or 4 different formats- whatever we could think of frankly.

I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

It finally worked during the day- during regular business hours. I don't know why their server wouldn't take it on a Sunday night, but I figured it must've been hung up on something. No worries. Now I have other issues. :)

Thanks.

Are these the activation instructions you are talking about that you tried?

Did you try turning off any firewalls and internet security software (like Norton or McAfee) when trying to activate online?

For tha Manual Offline steps, there is only one "format" to the number. You don't enter the CD - Key you used to install the software, you use the 25 digit key the offline activation window should display.

Are these the activation instructions you are talking about that you tried?

Did you try turning off any firewalls and internet security software (like Norton or McAfee) when trying to activate online?

For tha Manual Offline steps, there is only one "format" to the number. You don't enter the CD - Key you used to install the software, you use the 25 digit key the offline activation window should display.

Archived