• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Soundcard not shown

pwk

Question

I've just upgraded to EMC 9 and have a problem when trying to capture video from my TV card. The card is a Hauppauge Win TV capture card and my soundcard is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2. I have a Freeview box pluged into the composite input on the TV card, and the sound goes to the soundcards inputs. my problem is that when I select the TV card I lose the audio. When the settings button is clicked, my soundcard is shown but greyed out. However all the relevant sound card inputs are selectable but because I cannot select the soundcard I have no audio. The video appears fine though. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

4 answers to this question

I have a Pinnacle hybrid pro freeview/analogue capture card. I can capture audio alone easily enough as Creator 10 recognises my soundcard. Sadly when I attempt to capture video and select my capture card, then open up options to select an audio device-nothing appears! With Pinnacle Studio Quick Start - not a problem!! Didn't have this issue with Creator 7.5

I've just upgraded to EMC 9 and have a problem when trying to capture video from my TV card. The card is a Hauppauge Win TV capture card and my soundcard is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2. I have a Freeview box pluged into the composite input on the TV card, and the sound goes to the soundcards inputs. my problem is that when I select the TV card I lose the audio. When the settings button is clicked, my soundcard is shown but greyed out. However all the relevant sound card inputs are selectable but because I cannot select the soundcard I have no audio. The video appears fine though. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

I'm not much up to date on Freeview but I can tell you that you'd likely do better with the software that comes with your card. You don't say what Hauppauge card you have but if it's digital you're getting, and it's the 1600, you might want to take a look at software such as GBPVR and see if that will work better for you.

While my Hauppauge works pretty well with EMC, it seems it's hit or miss with most folks.

'Freeview' is a Digital TV Broadcast system over this side of the pond here Paul

I've a funny feeling that the box would need to connect to the line in socket (my old Hauppage card had a jumper from audio on the card to line in) but therein could lie the problem

If that's still the case, the composite video signal will be fine - but there is no audio input to the Hauppage so there will be no sound (it's a catch 22 situation)

If at all possible - try feeding the Hauppage with an RF signal - quick and dirty way to do that is use an old VCR - connect the Freeview box via SCART to the VCR, tune the Hauppage to Ch 36 (or whatever the VCR output is) and see how that works.

Archived