• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Media Import Question

stan01

Question

Hi

I am importing a video from my V.Camera, that later I will create a DVD movie.

It showed me 2 Quality options:

AVI DV Format and MPEG-2 Format.

Could someone tell me the difference? which one is better quality? or other detalis.

Thank you.

4 answers to this question

Thank you.

Another small question what is Normal vs Smart Scan in Media Import Video?

Go to the help files and find the full description of Smart Scan. Basically, in some cases, the program will identify scenes and save them. Some people don't like it because of the wear and tear on the camera. You can also use Media Manager to do this once the files are on your hard drive.

Hi

I am importing a video from my V.Camera, that later I will create a DVD movie.

It showed me 2 Quality options:

AVI DV Format and MPEG-2 Format.

Could someone tell me the difference? which one is better quality? or other detalis.

Thank you.

If you have plenty of disc space, AVI is not compressed and will be better quality. It is also easier to edit. It will be encoded (once) to mpg2 when you do your final burning.

If hard drive space is a problem, them mpg2. Capture at the highest bit rate (best quality) and do the editing. Editing will be slower. If you capture at the higher bit rate, the program will only re-encode those areas around your editing. The rest of the encoding will show gray screen with the words mpg. There will be a slight loss of quality during the re-encoding. You may not even notice it.

Archived