Slideshows

chanty777

Question

:) Hi, I bought Creator 8 but did not open the box yet. Before doing so, I have five questions :

1- I want to know if in the same slideshow, there can be more than one audio file? For example, photo 1 to 30 : Audio A and 31 to 55 : Audio B and 56 to 100 : Audio C.

2- Is there a maximum lenght or quantities of photos for 1 slideshow

3- Is it possible to have the slideshow start immediately when we insert the DVD in the DVD player (without having to go through the menu first)?

4- In a slideshow, is it possible to include a videoclip (in the middle or anywhere else)?

5- Is it possible to edit the background where the photo is displayed? For example, I have a photo 1 inch wide per 4 inches tall. Usually, it will be black on both sides of the photo. Can this background color be changed?

Thank you all for your help! If all the questions are positive, then I can open my box and start having fun.

11 answers to this question

Thank you so much. I've tried for 2 weeks to reach many people to answer my questions. It is my first forum, first post, and I appreciate your quick response. It clarifies everything. I will open my package since my computer meets all the requirements. Thank you also for your advice about installation and anti-viruses.

Welcome to the board :) and don't forget to share your good and bad experiences and any other issues you might have. We all learn from each other. :huh:

Thank you so much. I've tried for 2 weeks to reach many people to answer my questions. It is my first forum, first post, and I appreciate your quick response. It clarifies everything. I will open my package since my computer meets all the requirements. Thank you also for your advice about installation and anti-viruses.

Unless you have a lot of time to troubleshoot - don't open the box. I just finished a slideshow that took hours to complete because of the constant troubleshooting. If you read the discussion groups questions, you will understand ALL the problems EMC 8 has at this point - it was not ready when it was put on the market.

To try to answer your questions -

1. - Yes, your slideshow can have more than one audio

2. - I don't know if there is a maximum number of photos per slideshow, but I had 13 separate slideshows with the largest being 60+ photos - the more photos - the longer the burn time.

3. - Yes, the DVD can begin when inserted - but you have to select "DVD with no menu" in order for that to happen.

4. - I did not try to change the background of the photos. Many of my photos where different sizes and I used the "pan and zoom" feature - which I thought worked great - I liked seeing different size photos.

Good luck - and if you are brave enough to open the box and use EMC8, feel free to contact me if you have slideshow problems - maybe I can save you some hours.

Welcome to the board :) and don't forget to share your good and bad experiences and any other issues you might have. We all learn from each other. :huh:

I will do so for sure. Thanks.

Unless you have a lot of time to troubleshoot - don't open the box. I just finished a slideshow that took hours to complete because of the constant troubleshooting. If you read the discussion groups questions, you will understand ALL the problems EMC 8 has at this point - it was not ready when it was put on the market.

Good luck - and if you are brave enough to open the box and use EMC8, feel free to contact me if you have slideshow problems - maybe I can save you some hours.

Oh boy! Do I want to open that box that lies next to me. I tried many trial versions on the net from other companies and I decided to choose EMC 8. Now I kind of regret my choice. The only versoin I have is 6 and it doesn't satisfy me at all. Well, anyway, thanks for the advice.

Well, I'll be darned. Look at this post!!! I guess some folks don't have the troubles that you have. I am another one who had no problem, so I suggest the OP opens the box.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...indpost&p=13341

Also, the fact that you didn't respond to the folks who asked you a question or 2 in the thread that you started shows me that your post in this thread has no merit at all.

I will do so for sure. Thanks.

Oh boy! Do I want to open that box that lies next to me. I tried many trial versions on the net from other companies and I decided to choose EMC 8. Now I kind of regret my choice. The only versoin I have is 6 and it doesn't satisfy me at all. Well, anyway, thanks for the advice.

Here is a link to a poster who was in the same situation as you

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...st=entry13341

Well, whatever your opinions, I did not open the box yet. Maybe there is one thing I didn't mentionned that I should : I bought EMC 8 SUITE. Does SUITE differ from NOT Suite? Also, I have the French version. Since it was done after the original English version, maybe it works better? Anyway, thank you everybody for your advice. I still did not open my box. I am waiting for opinions. Should I open it? Should I return it? I tried an online version of ProShow, which I rellay liked. Maybe I sould buy this instead?

[Well, whatever your opinions, I did not open the box yet. Maybe there is one thing I didn't mentionned that I should : I bought EMC 8 SUITE. Does SUITE differ from NOT Suite? Also, I have the French version. Since it was done after the original English version, maybe it works better? Anyway, thank you everybody for your advice. I still did not open my box. I am waiting for opinions. Should I open it? Should I return it? I tried an online version of ProShow, which I rellay liked. Maybe I sould buy this instead?

If all you want to do is make slide shows, return the EMC 8 and buy ProShow for $29 or Photosuite Platinum (same price). If you want to create a better slide show with lots of different transitions and music AND video, and not much else return EMC 8 and buy VideoWave Pro. If you want a full service suite with audio and video with more than 25 other functions stay with what you have. What you have has the photo enhancement programs, video programs, audio programs (read about a music DVD disc), and back up programs for your computer (when was the last time you backed up your hard drive?). If you are sure you know exactly what you want to do, buy what fits you. If you think you may want to do more, stick with EMC 8.

Any program must meet the "work habits" or "work preferences" of the user. I own two other programs but the one that fits me is EMC. I still use the other programs to do special things and then bring the results into EMC for finishing. The EMC interface is much better for me than the Nero, Ulead, or the Pinnacle software.

Many people who have problems with EMC 8 have then because they did not take the time to install properly (the instructions I gave you), have computers that don't or just barely meet the minimum requirements, or have third party software that causes a conflict. If you have a bunch of programs on your computer that you download to make your computer look nice, then you may have problems.

My wife always used to say, if she bought anything with some doubts, she should not have. Perhaps you are not yet ready to make a decision. Have you tried some of the free trials on other programs?

Well, whatever your opinions, I did not open the box yet. Maybe there is one thing I didn't mentionned that I should : I bought EMC 8 SUITE. Does SUITE differ from NOT Suite? Also, I have the French version. Since it was done after the original English version, maybe it works better? Anyway, thank you everybody for your advice. I still did not open my box. I am waiting for opinions. Should I open it? Should I return it? I tried an online version of ProShow, which I rellay liked. Maybe I sould buy this instead?

I think I will stick with EMC 8 because I know I will want to do more. I also tried many free trials (Magix, ProShow, Ulead CD & DVD Picture Lab, Adobe Premiere Pro, Power Director, PPT2DVD, etc.), but Adobe, was too dry and too technical, ProShow was only available in English, etc. I want to be able to make also some music editing and audio special effects, and so forth. Thank you again for all your advice. I think I will proceed to open my package. Have a good day. :)

Well, I'll be darned. Look at this post!!! I guess some folks don't have the troubles that you have. I am another one who had no problem, so I suggest the OP opens the box.

Also, the fact that you didn't respond to the folks who asked you a question or 2 in the thread that you started shows me that your post in this thread has no merit at all.

Thank you. I read photodan1970's post (http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...indpost&p=13341) and now I will open my package right away and start working with EMC 8. I will give some feedbacks later on. Thank you for your advice.

Thank you. I read photodan1970's post (http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...indpost&p=13341) and now I will open my package right away and start working with EMC 8. I will give some feedbacks later on. Thank you for your advice.

Thank you. I read photodan1970's post and I will open my package right away and start working with EMC 8. I will give some feedbacks later on. Thank you for your advice. :huh:

:) Hi, I bought Creator 8 but did not open the box yet. Before doing so, I have five questions :

Five short answers

1- I want to know if in the same slideshow, there can be more than one audio file? For example, photo 1 to 30 : Audio A and 31 to 55 : Audio B and 56 to 100 : Audio C.

Yes, using VideoWave and you can overlap music files so as one fades out the other fades in. You will have to adjust the duration of the images or the music in order to get things exactly even. This is pretty easy.

2- Is there a maximum Lent or quantities of photos for 1 slideshow

Not that I know if in VideoWave but it has to be able to fit in either a single or DL disc. Here time matters not file size. About one hour's worth on a single layer disc with no "compression"

3- Is it possible to have the slideshow start immediately when we insert the DVD in the DVD player (without having to go through the menu first)?

Yes, by creating an iso file in MyDVD and then using compilation to copy only the wanted movie to the disc.

4- In a slideshow, is it possible to include a videoclip (in the middle or anywhere else)?

Yes, VideoWave will handles one or more video clips in with the images. You can also overlay both images and videos on either images or videos.

5- Is it possible to edit the background where the photo is displayed? For example, I have a photo 1 inch wide per 4 inches tall. Usually, it will be black on both sides of the photo. Can this background color be changed?

Yes, a couple of ways but the easiest is to use a free program called image cropper to crop the images to fit in the TV safe zone and to put a border around a picture. You can also add "bars" around the picture.

Thank you all for your help! If all the questions are positive, then I can open my box and start having fun.

Good luck !. Before you do open the package, please make sure that your computer exceeds the minimum specs and that you have updated all your drivers (video card and audio card) and that you have installed the latest firmware for your burner. Install on a clean and defragged hard drive. Make sure you are disconnected from the internet and have shut down all running programs including your anti-virus and anti-spy ware. Some people have reported problems with Pc-illen (sp) Anti-virus. Remove any packet writing programs that may now be on your computer. Then install.

Archived