copy dvd app

follett

Question

ive been using this program for a few months , doing the same thing every time without a hitch

now for some reason when i use copy dvd it gets too 100% and will not finish the program crashes and i get the windows has to close this program due to an error and the of course the dvd also does not work if anyone has had the same problem help is apprectiated sorry i couldent get a error code number , it closes way to fast to see whats going on

note* using roxio 9

6 answers to this question

note* roxio 9 has two copy programs, Disc Copier and RecordNow Copy. What one are you using? Try Disc Copier from start, all programs, Roxio EMC 9, Copy, Disc Copier.

Have you installed something since it worked that could of broke the EMC9 installation? Could try the repair option, start, control panel, add remove programs, repair option.

cd

yea still not working and i was looking through my add remove programs to see what i've added since and all thats there is madden 08 and microsoft office , so i dont think that should mess it up but who knows , maybe i should go buy another app at future shop

yea still not working and i was looking through my add remove programs to see what i've added since and all thats there is madden 08 and microsoft office , so i dont think that should mess it up but who knows , maybe i should go buy another app at future shop

You can try a clean install, following the instructions here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=24606

Are you copying from a DVD to a DVD? It would help if you explained exactly what you are doing. Future Shop isn't going to help you.

Was that MS Office 2007 by chance?

ive been using this program for a few months , doing the same thing every time without a hitch

now for some reason when i use copy dvd it gets too 100% and will not finish the program crashes and i get the windows has to close this program due to an error and the of course the dvd also does not work if anyone has had the same problem help is apprectiated sorry i couldent get a error code number , it closes way to fast to see whats going on

note* using roxio 9

At this point in your burn, the disc copier program is writing the far outer rim of the disc and closing it. This is probably the most error prone part of the dvd burn process, since you are probably writing at the fastest speed as opposed to other portions of the media, and if there is a flaw in the media, it will probably manifest itself here. At least that has been my experience.

You might try slowing down the burn speed, in case you are letting it run at the fastest speed supported by the media code. You might also try a different batch of media, in case you've run into a few defective ones. If you have some rewritable dvd's (I always keep a stack of these around for testing, experimenting, etc.), I'd start running a couple of experiments with them until the problem is resolved or you've satisfied yourself the other media is the issue.

I believe there is also a pxengine update available which might help (although I can't tell for sure that it applies to Version 9). Therre are a few more ideas, etc. also if you look here:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20I...mation/000008GN

Archived