windows vista driver for Dazzle dvc90

jsmurphy

Question

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if i'm asking a question that has already been asked or if I'm in the wrong area for this question. I bought a new HP desktop about 6 months ago with Windows Vista on it. I then bought Easy media creator 9 Deluxe Suite so I could hook my vcr to my computer and transfer all of my home videos to DVD. I didn't know that Roxio did not have a driver to make the dvc90 work with Vista. I found a driver on one of the forums that did make the video part of the device work, but not the audio. I often loose the connection between the computer and the vcr and I still have no sound. Has anyone resolved this issue or had Roxio came out with a driver? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 answers to this question

While the device was bundled with 9 de luxe, it's a pinnacle one and you'd have to check with www.pinnacle.com for drivers and support.

Roxio bundles it with a Vista certified product but won't work in Vista, just marvelous.

If it's a Roxio product and it comes with DEll, HP, Mad Dag or anyone else, it's the OEM's problem for support. That's what gets repeated here, day after day. If it comes with Roxio like the Dazzle dvc90 it's a Pinnacle support problem, keep using the teflon pan, nothing supposed to stick to it!

cd

Have you tried these?

I have it working in Vista but it was difficult.I'm not really sure how I got it but I did.The problem everyone has is getting the audio to work.I'm almost positive it's like everything else,a problem with the way Vista processes sound compared to XP.

The drivers I'm using are the ones I got from Pinnacle.

Roxio bundles it with a Vista certified product but won't work in Vista, just marvelous.

If it's a Roxio product and it comes with DEll, HP, Mad Dag or anyone else, it's the OEM's problem for support. That's what gets repeated here, day after day. If it comes with Roxio like the Dazzle dvc90 it's a Pinnacle support problem, keep using the teflon pan, nothing supposed to stick to it!

cd

Excuse me - you do realise that we ain't talking software here but hardware? If you can kick it it ain't the software

Roxio don't make the things - they just bundle them.

Try unplugging the DVC90 and uninstalling it from Device Manager.Then go to the Control Panel and delete all the drivers you find.Reboot and try the installation again.If I remember correctly you can run PCLUSB2.exe first to get the drivers on your hard drive and then plug the device in.When you do that just point the driver install to the folder that the drivers got installed to.

Yes tbrewst, that is the one that I am using. I can see the video, but I have no sound. Some times I loose the connection when I am recording video and have to start over. I believe that is probably a driver problem. Could you send me a link to the one that you got from pinnacle?

Steve

I did uninstall the dvc90 last night. I sure hated to uninstall the video driver that was working, but I did and plugged the device back into the computer. It is yet to located the drivers even when I browse and show it the location of the driver. It is looking for a certain extention on the file that I can't remember right now and I'm at work so I can't check, but the drivers seem to be a different extension. I'm going to keep trying and I do appreciate your efforts to help me.

Thanks,

Steve

While the device was bundled with 9 de luxe, it's a pinnacle one and you'd have to check with www.pinnacle.com for drivers and support

I am sorry to disappoint you but someone has been reading a book backwards. I do not mean to offend anybody. But I had to make a point. I have owned nine deluxe for a long time and dazzle DVC 90 has never been included in that package. I have installed it three times and I have never found dazzle DVC 90. The last time I installed nine deluxe I had installed Windows vista before and no sign of dazzle DVC 90. You will have to excuse some of the grammar I'm using a speech program that is not really cut the grade for vista as I am disabled.

I am sorry to disappoint you but someone has been reading a book backwards. I do not mean to offend anybody. But I had to make a point. I have owned nine deluxe for a long time and dazzle DVC 90 has never been included in that package. I have installed it three times and I have never found dazzle DVC 90. The last time I installed nine deluxe I had installed Windows vista before and no sign of dazzle DVC 90. You will have to excuse some of the grammar I'm using a speech program that is not really cut the grade for vista as I am disabled.
The Dazzle DVC 90 is a piece of hardware not software that was packaged with EMC9 Suite Deluxe. You will only see it as a hardware device in your OS if you attach it to the pc.

Hey - no problems with your post (it's clearer than a lot we get)

The drivers that came with 9.1 De Luxe were specifically for XP - Pinnacle didn't, at that time, have Vista drivers.

However, there do seem to be problems with the ones they do have (this isn't the first time that there have been reports on the audio being missing)

The DVC90 is a small blue frog-like thing that plugs into a USB port and has connectors for audio right/left and video

Yea, I found those drivers a few days ago and downloaded them to my computer. I'm having trouble with the driver install hardware seeing them. I went to Add Hardware and found the DVC90. It had dvc90 video and show it was working properly. It had three different items with dvc90 audio. Two showed not to be working and the other one said it was working properly. I uninstalled the drivers on the two that was not working, but I still have no sound. I'm going to put the drivers that your link show on a disc and uninstall all of my drivers and try it again.

Steve

Archived