• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast crashes on Copy

flohmann

Question

I recently upgraded my G5 iMac from Panther to Tiger (10.4.10). After reinstalling Toast (6.0.3) and updating (6.1.1), I find that Toast crashes each time I try to copy a CD. Toast launches just fine, but as soon as I select the "copy" tab with a CD in the drive, I get the beachball of death.

BTW, I tried both the unmodified 6.0.3 install, as well as after the update. Same problem. I also tried with iTunes open, and quit, same problem. This is using the internal Apple Superdrive.

3 answers to this question

Yup, tried that, to no avail. Also trashed and reinstalled the application again, but no dice.

Since this happened after an incremental system update, I suggest downloading the 10.4.10 Combined System Update and applying it on top of your existing 10.4.10 system. This won't do any harm and is known to fix odd things that sometimes happen during incremental updates. If that doesn't work I don't know what else to try other than DiskWarrior.

I recently upgraded my G5 iMac from Panther to Tiger (10.4.10). After reinstalling Toast (6.0.3) and updating (6.1.1), I find that Toast crashes each time I try to copy a CD. Toast launches just fine, but as soon as I select the "copy" tab with a CD in the drive, I get the beachball of death.

BTW, I tried both the unmodified 6.0.3 install, as well as after the update. Same problem. I also tried with iTunes open, and quit, same problem. This is using the internal Apple Superdrive.

Try trashing both the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder.

Archived