a different type of AVI problem

Zombie

Question

I am having problems adding some AVI's to a DVD project.

Now all of the AVI's can seen on the open file screen and all can bee seen as a preview.

The problem come in editing/adding chapters or burning the file as a video DVD or VCD then some avi's simply cause the program to hang or not display the avi in question.

Would I be simply better to open the troublesome AVI's in another brand of video editor and re-save it to hopefully change the AVI codex used or to simply change to another file format then save again to AVI either way will involve a large waste of time.

I am hoping that I missing something blinding obvious which will fix everything without installing yet another program.

3 answers to this question

Use VideoWave to convert the AVI to mpg2 for DVD, best quality. If the avi are standard format and not protected, they should convert with no problems. Use the mpg2 files in MyDVD.

Are the AVI files DivX?

The are not copy protected so I will try that. The AVI's are not DivX (I just double checked) I just could not figure out what it would work on some functions in EMC9.

I am having problems adding some AVI's to a DVD project.

Now all of the AVI's can seen on the open file screen and all can bee seen as a preview.

The problem come in editing/adding chapters or burning the file as a video DVD or VCD then some avi's simply cause the program to hang or not display the avi in question.

Would I be simply better to open the troublesome AVI's in another brand of video editor and re-save it to hopefully change the AVI codex used or to simply change to another file format then save again to AVI either way will involve a large waste of time.

I am hoping that I missing something blinding obvious which will fix everything without installing yet another program.

Use VideoWave to convert the AVI to mpg2 for DVD, best quality. If the avi are standard format and not protected, they should convert with no problems. Use the mpg2 files in MyDVD.

Are the AVI files DivX?

Archived