• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot UPDATE from CD version using Download 8.05 update

CameraGuy

Question

I have tried multiple times downloading the 8.05 update to make corruption of the update is a non issue.

The error message says that Version 8 is not installed or unrecognized. I can assure you it is.

Does anyone know what the issue is or where there's documentation on the problem?

Thanks! :(:(:(

5 answers to this question

Boy I want in on this one. I installed Easy Media Creator 8 Suite from CD. The information about the program says it is:

Version 3.0.0

Build 3.0.91a

PX engine

Build 2.7.261,67

Roxio RecordNow Audio

Version 3.0.0

Build 300B78B, R85

I also can not get an update to run with the message saying basically there's not a program to update.

What the heck is going on? :(

Boy I want in on this one. I installed Easy Media Creator 8 Suite from CD. The information about the program says it is:

Version 3.0.0

Build 3.0.91a

PX engine

Build 2.7.261,67

Roxio RecordNow Audio

Version 3.0.0

Build 300B78B, R85

I also can not get an update to run with the message saying basically there's not a program to update.

What the heck is going on? :(

Read Larry's post on how to get the version numbers! You may already have the latest version. The numbers you posted are not Roxio version numbers

Read Larry's post on how to get the version numbers! You may already have the latest version. The numbers you posted are not Roxio version numbers

I believe I did what Larry said. Click on help and open about... and this is what comes up.

Module Name: Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 3.0.91a

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2005

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 2.7.26a, 67

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Audio

Build: 300B78B, R8S

I am able to use this program to copy CDs and record audio tapes to CDs but have problems with printing labels and the update process. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it again from the the CD. So how can these numbers not be correct? If not, what do I do? Many thanks for your help.

I believe I did what Larry said. Click on help and open about... and this is what comes up.

Module Name: Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home

Build: 3.0.91a

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 2.7.26a, 67

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Audio

Build: 300B78B, R8S

I am able to use this program to copy CDs and record audio tapes to CDs but have problems with printing labels and the update process. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it again from the the CD. So how can these numbers not be correct? If not, what do I do? Many thanks for your help.

No you did not do what Larry posted - he said to open Videowave or myDVD not use the Rocio Home page. The Roxio version number should be 8.?? something

I have tried multiple times downloading the 8.05 update to make corruption of the update is a non issue.

The error message says that Version 8 is not installed or unrecognized. I can assure you it is.

Does anyone know what the issue is or where there's documentation on the problem?

Thanks! :(:(:(

First, which version 8 product do you have? One of the EMC 8 suites, MyDVD 8, or Videowave 8?

If you open Videowave or MyDVD, then go to Help -> About, what Build number does it show?

Archived