Trouble Starting Roxio Central Main Application

Medianaut

Question

Even when I restore Roxio_Central33.exe, it disappears again if I try to invoke it. I have followed Roxio's thorough deinstall and reinstall instructions (including registry edits) and nothing seems to help. My Desktop Icon to start things ends up pointing at the LAUNCH.EXE application in AUDIO.

Yes, I have IE7 installed. Help!!

4 answers to this question

Turn off all internet security, antivirus, popup blockers, etc. when installing the software. And, if you don't have Vista installed, roll back IE7 to IE6.

I have a lot of post IE7 installs that will really make things messy to uninstall IE7. Any way to keep it in place?

I have a lot of post IE7 installs that will really make things messy to uninstall IE7. Any way to keep it in place?

You can try going through the clean uninstall again, and have everything shut of that I mentioned in the last post, when you install again.

Also, defrag your hard drive before you install again. Something is messed up, if the Home icon points to the Audio application.

If it works, you can keep IE 7. I believe some folks have it running and EMC 9 also. I still have IE 6 and Windows Media Player 9 on my computer.

You can try going through the clean uninstall again, and have everything shut of that I mentioned in the last post, when you install again.

Also, defrag your hard drive before you install again. Something is messed up, if the Home icon points to the Audio application.

If it works, you can keep IE 7. I believe some folks have it running and EMC 9 also. I still have IE 6 and Windows Media Player 9 on my computer.

I, too, have had LOTS of trouble keeping EMC9 running. It wants to crash after about 90 seconds. I installed it with everything else off including my antivirus (AVG) and all other tray items. I rolled back to IE6, too, because EMC7 started failing during burns and a forum post suggested the problem was with IE7. Nope! So I upgraded to EMC version 9. So far, that's been not so nice.

This is very tedious as I need to burn CDs and DVDs now and then and don't like having to hurry up to the burn process before it fails and I have to start it up again - although it still burns okay even when it crashes.

This is by far the most unstable release of EMC I've used in years.

The error message I get with the dreaded "Roxio Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience..." is:

Error signature -

Appname: roxio_central33.exe

AppVer: 3.30.89.0

ModName: rxacmp3ctd3.dll

ModVer: 9.0.2.30

Offset: 00006131

The technical info is long...............

Even when I restore Roxio_Central33.exe, it disappears again if I try to invoke it. I have followed Roxio's thorough deinstall and reinstall instructions (including registry edits) and nothing seems to help. My Desktop Icon to start things ends up pointing at the LAUNCH.EXE application in AUDIO.

Yes, I have IE7 installed. Help!!

Turn off all internet security, antivirus, popup blockers, etc. when installing the software. And, if you don't have Vista installed, roll back IE7 to IE6.

Archived