• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Label Maker - Multiple CD Labels - One JWL File ?

KGLR

Question

Anyone know how to create multiple CD designs in one saved JWL file??? I create a lot of 2+ CD sets, and would like to create multiple CD designs, and save them in one file, rather than save a separate file for each CD design. EMC9 Suite / Label Maker seems to only let you open one CD design per file.

Also, is there anyway to ensure that ALL photos used in a design are saved with the file. If you move the photos to other directories later, your designs get blown out.

Any comments or help are welcome. May just be wishful thinking.

Ken

4 answers to this question

Anyone know how to create multiple CD designs in one saved JWL file??? I create a lot of 2+ CD sets, and would like to create multiple CD designs, and save them in one file, rather than save a separate file for each CD design. EMC9 Suite / Label Maker seems to only let you open one CD design per file.

Also, is there anyway to ensure that ALL photos used in a design are saved with the file. If you move the photos to other directories later, your designs get blown out.

Any comments or help are welcome. May just be wishful thinking.

Ken

Well, when you think about it, it makes sense that it only saves one CD at a time, because that is all that you are going to open when you print your next label.

Well, when you think about it, it makes sense that it only saves one CD at a time, because that is all that you are going to open when you print your next label.

Grandpabruce,

If I have a DVD set that spans 8 discs, and I want to put a unique label on each DVD, why do I need to save 8 files with different DVD labels in them. They all belong to a set. You can print two DVD labels to one sheet, and you can also buy DVD cases that hold multiple DVD's. When you burn CDs or DVDs they span across multiple discs, but you can only create one DVD label and one DVD Case per file?

So I could create one file with a DVD Label and a DVD Cover, then I need to create 7 files each one with a unique DVD label for a total of 8 JWL files for one project.

I would like to create one JWL file with multiple DVD Lables in it. To my knowledge this option doesn't currently exist.

Ken

I've used several labeling apps and I haven't seen such a feature. Perhaps the software specifically designed for the labels that you purchased 'may' do that, but I doubt it. Some have 2 up or 3 up and may save those to one file, but not more than that.

Also the JWL file is much like dmsm and dmsd files. They DO NOT contain any images or video. Only instructions to create the final output. It's a good habit to keep your files that you use together anyway. If the JWL files did contain images, then people would just complain the JWL is too large. So you can't please everyone.

Grandpabruce,

If I have a DVD set that spans 8 discs, and I want to put a unique label on each DVD, why do I need to save 8 files with different DVD labels in them. They all belong to a set. You can print two DVD labels to one sheet, and you can also buy DVD cases that hold multiple DVD's. When you burn CDs or DVDs they span across multiple discs, but you can only create one DVD label and one DVD Case per file?

So I could create one file with a DVD Label and a DVD Cover, then I need to create 7 files each one with a unique DVD label for a total of 8 JWL files for one project.

I would like to create one JWL file with multiple DVD Lables in it. To my knowledge this option doesn't currently exist.

Ken

To the best of my knowledge, you are correct, you can't make and save multiple labels in a single file. You have answered your original question, no it can't be done.

So, if I wanted to do that, I would set up a template in something like PagePlus or 'pick your favorite page layout program', and create a multi-page layout. For the labels on the disc though, I've gone to printable media and print directly on the disc in my Epson R220.

Archived