Play back has pixel squares

hlender

Question

Hello

I am a newbie to using Easy Media Creator 9. Before Ordering Easy Media Creator 9, I had MyDVD deluxe home V7. I have completed several weddings and other projects with no problems. Now I purchased Easy Media Creator 9 and all I get is problems. 1st The program won't recognize some formats. I have encoded from Adobe PPRO 1.5 via the "windows media encoder" for dvd but Easy Media Creator 9 won't accept the file. When I use Canopus Procorder I can produce a file that Easy Media Creator 9 will accept but when I play the movie It has small pixel sqaures in different parts of the movie. The movie is a wedding 56minutes long. I have poured of this forum and have found the problem may be bitrate. I have experimented with several combinations with no improvement. I downloaded "Cinama Craft Encoder Basic trail version" for PPRO 1.5 but I can't produce a file that Easy Media Creator 9 will accept. I'm trying to follow directions as best I can plus revisting this forum for answers that I might have missed. Time is running short for my delivery of my Wedding DVD. I probably will have to use MyDVD deluxe home V7 in order to have success. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Harry

5 answers to this question

I have no idea what "windows media encoder" for dvd means. Does it encode to WMV format or MPEG? To keep it simple: MyDVD should accept ANY MPEG 2 with bitrate between 3Mbps and 9Mbps. The file can use LPCM, MPEG or AC3 audio. MyDVD defaults to AC3 and only outputs AC3 2 channel stereo. Any file with these parameters should NOT be re-encoded by MyDVD.

By default, I think MyDVD uses MPEG 2 @8Mbps AC3@192Kbps. Use that as a guideline and you should be good to go.

BTW, I have used Premiere Elements 2 and output to their default NTSC DVD setting. MyDVD 9 accepted it just fine.

Hi GGRussell:

Sorry bout that when I said "Windows Media Encoder", my error, I really mean't "Adobe Media Encoder" the one that is a plugin for PPRO 1.5. Anyway I'm going to do some experiments with all the settings in Cinema Craft Encoder hoping to find paydirt. I'll post my results. Thanks for your help.

Harry

Hi ggrussell:

As I finished with my reply I reread your post and realized that I have Adobe Elements 2 software from a graphics card that was included with my computer when I purchased it. So I encoded from it just like you did and, success, MyDVD accepted it with no problems. Ok now here's my question, why wouldn't Adobe Media Encoder do it? And why wouldn't Canopus do it without the little Pixels? And why wouldn't Cinema Craft Encoder do it? I realize that, at least, with CCE it was probably something I was doing wrong but with the others???? Any insight to understanding this problem I would be interested in hearing. My understanding of encoding for dvd is limited. Again thanks for your help.

Harry

Hi ggrussell:

As I finished with my reply I reread your post and realized that I have Adobe Elements 2 software from a graphics card that was included with my computer when I purchased it. So I encoded from it just like you did and, success, MyDVD accepted it with no problems. Ok now here's my question, why wouldn't Adobe Media Encoder do it? And why wouldn't Canopus do it without the little Pixels? And why wouldn't Cinema Craft Encoder do it? I realize that, at least, with CCE it was probably something I was doing wrong but with the others???? Any insight to understanding this problem I would be interested in hearing. My understanding of encoding for dvd is limited. Again thanks for your help.

Harry

Esoteric question? Perhaps going to the users groups for the other products can help you answer them. From your post, I understand that you have an acceptable solution that works.

Sorry for butting in. :rolleyes:

Ok now here's my question, why wouldn't Adobe Media Encoder do it? And why wouldn't Canopus do it without the little Pixels? And why wouldn't Cinema Craft Encoder do it?
Sorry, I have no experience with any of those. Steve's suggestion may be the best place to start. As I posted earlier, if you keep the MPEG 2 bitrate between the limits of MyDVD's output ablility, then you shouldn't have a problem regardless of what app you use.

Archived