First Dvd +r Dl Burn Question, And "booktyping"

nortonloaf

Question

Just got toast 7, and made a backup of a short movie to a DVD -R disc, no problems.

Now I'd like to make a backup of my (purchased) "Wedding Crashers". I have TDK DVD +R DL

discs (8.5GB, 4Hours), and am using a Powermac G5 with Superdrive (Pioneer DVR-110D).

Selecting the "DVD-Video from Video_TS" format, the screen shows "1 movie and 30 extras, 3:35:33".

When I check the copy options, it says it will have compression, 41% reduction, very good quality. I

don't understand why it is needing to compress...is there some other box I need to check somewhere?

Also, I've been told that "Booktyping" is the best way to go, to create a DVD-ROM, for maximum chances of working on any set-top player I might have. I'm not seeing that term anywere in the help, or the forums. If my drive is able to booktype, do I need to do anything in Toast to accomplish that?

Thanks,

Rob

1 answer to this question

Just got toast 7, and made a backup of a short movie to a DVD -R disc, no problems.

Now I'd like to make a backup of my (purchased) "Wedding Crashers". I have TDK DVD +R DL

discs (8.5GB, 4Hours), and am using a Powermac G5 with Superdrive (Pioneer DVR-110D).

Selecting the "DVD-Video from Video_TS" format, the screen shows "1 movie and 30 extras, 3:35:33".

When I check the copy options, it says it will have compression, 41% reduction, very good quality. I

don't understand why it is needing to compress...is there some other box I need to check somewhere?

Also, I've been told that "Booktyping" is the best way to go, to create a DVD-ROM, for maximum chances of working on any set-top player I might have. I'm not seeing that term anywere in the help, or the forums. If my drive is able to booktype, do I need to do anything in Toast to accomplish that?

Thanks,

Rob

Rob it is illegal in the US to circumvent copyright protection, and toast won't handle it. I don't know where you live though.

I would surf over to cdfreaks copy movie forum to find answers to your questions.

cdanteek

Archived