• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burn Project dialog box says "Drive is empty"

DesertBiz

Question

HELP! :blink:

I've gotten as far as already loading about four different "movies" (mpeg files) into my new video project, but, for some reason MyDVD 9's BURN PROJECT dialog box says that my "Drive is empty."

I have a DVD in there and everything else seems to be working just fine.

I have in my D: drive now and have actually used this same drive (labled by DELL as DVD/CD-R and such) to burn many a CD with lots and lots of music (mp3 and wav) files.

Okay, this may be "stupid question time," but I do now have TWO main drives (in addition to the floppy drive) with my computer--Drive D: (which is used for also burning CDs, though I've yet to be able to burn any DVDs and thought that's what EMC 9 would allow me to do); then Drive E: is the newest DVD drive that I've installed in the computer.

My question is--since I've never even burned DVDs on my computer with the Sonic software that came with my DELL (and Windows XP OS)--should I have ordered from DELL a DVD-Burner (if there is such a creature), instead of just a DVD-Drive?

I've just tried to see if I could, indeed, burn a CD full of music with the new EMC 9 program just recently installed on my computer, and found out that this feature works just as well as when I did the same with Sonic for the past couple of years.

Where am I missing it here?

What am I doing wrong? :(

Thanks!

Rick

Victorville, CA :(

4 answers to this question

HELP! :blink:

I've gotten as far as already loading about four different "movies" (mpeg files) into my new video project, but, for some reason MyDVD 9's BURN PROJECT dialog box says that my "Drive is empty."

I have a DVD in there and everything else seems to be working just fine.

I have in my D: drive now and have actually used this same drive (labled by DELL as DVD/CD-R and such) to burn many a CD with lots and lots of music (mp3 and wav) files.

Okay, this may be "stupid question time," but I do now have TWO main drives (in addition to the floppy drive) with my computer--Drive D: (which is used for also burning CDs, though I've yet to be able to burn any DVDs and thought that's what EMC 9 would allow me to do); then Drive E: is the newest DVD drive that I've installed in the computer.

My question is--since I've never even burned DVDs on my computer with the Sonic software that came with my DELL (and Windows XP OS)--should I have ordered from DELL a DVD-Burner (if there is such a creature), instead of just a DVD-Drive?

I've just tried to see if I could, indeed, burn a CD full of music with the new EMC 9 program just recently installed on my computer, and found out that this feature works just as well as when I did the same with Sonic for the past couple of years.

Where am I missing it here?

What am I doing wrong? :(

Thanks!

Rick

Victorville, CA :(

What is the make and model of the DVD drive?

What is the make and model of the DVD drive?

Yeah, Bruce, it's ME, again.

Thanks!

It's ordered from DELL, and the item description is as follows: 16X DVD, SMSNG.

That's it. That's all I show on the DELL packing slip.

If I DO need to replace it for some sort of DVD burner, do you think DELL would allow me (after I've already installed THIS DVD drive item) to return to this item for what I really need to burn DVDs with EMC9, or am I "hosed?" :angry2:

I look forward to your advice here.

Thanks, one more time, Bruce! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

If I DO need to replace it for some sort of DVD burner, do you think DELL would allow me (after I've already installed THIS DVD drive item) to return to this item for what I really need to burn DVDs with EMC9, or am I "hosed?" :angry2:

You need a DVD burner, the one you ordered is a reader only. Contact Dell.

Thanks!

Click on the desktop Roxio icon. Then click on Applications. On the right side, under Utilities, you should see DVDInfopro. Click on that, and at the bottom, in the drop down box, make sure that the one in question is selected.

In the middle of that screen, it shows the write supported features. The ones for the burner will be checked. What do you see?

Archived