Can Creator 9 follow my Vista upgrade?

Wizbang

Question

I have Roxio Creator 9 Home, version 9.0.088 on my old Windows XP system. I've just gotten a replacement system running 32-bit Vista with Roxio Creator DE, version 9.0.116 pre installed. My question is can I use the XP version of Roxio 9 to upgrade my vista PC to full Roxio 9 functionality?

All the best

Wizbang

13 answers to this question

If 9.0.116 is working, then 9.0.088 will work

The "116" isn't a higher build number really - it's just the build number for the cut down DE version

But as Paul said - 10 is due in September (according to Amazon)

I have the same problem

1) do a clean uninstall and install 9.0.088 (XP version) and keep my fingers crossed until the 9.1 patch ,update. or;2) Spend $50 for the 9.1 version via a Dell special offer, or;

3) wait for version 10 which will come out by year end.

I'm thing of doing 1. Ver 9.0.116 has a lot of limitation. But what is a "clean uninstall "?

The patch shouldn't really be too long in coming. Tom posted that beta testing had failed with a selected group of customers and it had to go back to the coders to have the bugs fixed

A lot of the Vista 'problems' stem from people 'upgrading' XP to Vista instead of a clean install (a lot of gunk is brought along when that happens)

The upgrade from DE to the retail version of Roxio 9 will basically uninstall your actual software to reinstall the new one. Be aware that Roxio 9.0.088 isn't fully compatible with Vista. Only 9.1 is but Roxio has still not released the long awaited patch...

The upgrade from DE to the retail version of Roxio 9 will basically uninstall your actual software to reinstall the new one. Be aware that Roxio 9.0.088 isn't fully compatible with Vista. Only 9.1 is but Roxio has still not released the long awaited patch...

OK - so I have basically 3 options:

1) do a clean uninstall and install 9.0.088 (XP version) and keep my fingers crossed until the 9.1 patch ,update. or;

2) Spend $50 for the 9.1 version via a Dell special offer, or;

OK - so I have basically 3 options:

1) do a clean uninstall and install 9.0.088 (XP version) and keep my fingers crossed until the 9.1 patch ,update. or;

2) Spend $50 for the 9.1 version via a Dell special offer, or;

According to amazon.com last week, 10 was due out in late September.

EMC 10 will be available in September for sure- I've heard it will be by the 2nd week.

Only thing I've seen is the Amazon notice that it will be out on the 20th of September (but that's all there has been. Nothing anywhere else)

If 9.0.116 is working, then 9.0.088 will work

The "116" isn't a higher build number really - it's just the build number for the cut down DE version

But as Paul said - 10 is due in September (according to Amazon)

Why not quote the whole post?

I said that it failed beta - and once the bugs are out it won't be long

Nobody expects anyone to rush out and buy a new suite just because it has a higher number - look at all the people who still want XP while MS is pushing Vista

A lot of the Vista 'problems' stem from people 'upgrading' XP to Vista instead of a clean install (a lot of gunk is brought along when that happens)

I agree with gi7omy.

I had insurmountable problems when upgraded from XP to Vista Home Premium. After doing the clean install I had only 50% as many problems with Vista.

To do a clean install see my post today in the following link: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...24035&st=15

Archived