How do I install/repair DLA in EMC9?

Greg1

Question

When I originally installed EMC9, I chose Drag to Disc. I have now removed that and want to use DLA instead. But how do I install/repair DLA?

There is currently no indication of DLA availability when I right click on the drive in Windows explorer.

2 answers to this question

DLA and Drag to Disc are basically the same thing.

If you have Windows 2000 SP4, the suite installs DLA, if you have XP, it installs D2D

This is down (to the best of my knowledge) to compatibility reasons

Pause for a few while someone posts up regarding the total unreliability of any packet writing progrem ;)

DLA and Drag to Disc are basically the same thing.

If you have Windows 2000 SP4, the suite installs DLA, if you have XP, it installs D2D

This is down (to the best of my knowledge) to compatibility reasons

Pause for a few while someone posts up regarding the total unreliability of any packet writing progrem ;)

I am on XP SP2/Media Center 2005 and had been using DLA 4.95 with success for some time, but recently started getting intermittant BSODs on boot or shutdown, so I decided to upgrade. I have a number of utilities that rely on some form of packet writing software and I have found (in the past) that DLA seemed to be the most reliable.

I am on XP SP2/Media Center 2005 and had been using DLA 4.95 with success for some time, but recently started getting intermittant BSODs on boot or shutdown, so I decided to upgrade. I have a number of utilities that rely on some form of packet writing software and I have found (in the past) that DLA seemed to be the most reliable.

And the readme with EMC9 says DLA 5.2.? and D2D are incompatible, so I'm assuming I can still get to DLA directly somehow.

Archived