Encoding hangs at same place

candle66

Question

I have used Easy CD since V4, now on 9.

I made some mpegs in Pinnacle and am trying to burn 5 mpegs together as Chapters.

I can burn each one individually but when I put the 5 together, the encoding hangs at 89%.

I tried burning as IS0 but no joy. it will always hang at same place.

It cannot be the individ clips as I can burn them.

These are photo mpegs with transitions and music. I have burnt plenty like this before.

I am wondering if Windows Update has caused a problem?

I have even ecoded all clips again and still same problem . Hangs at 89%

Very Strange

Can anyone offer a suggestion. I am burning 4gig NTSC

Thanks

1 answer to this question

I have used Easy CD since V4, now on 9.

I made some mpegs in Pinnacle and am trying to burn 5 mpegs together as Chapters.

I can burn each one individually but when I put the 5 together, the encoding hangs at 89%.

I tried burning as IS0 but no joy. it will always hang at same place.

It cannot be the individ clips as I can burn them.

These are photo mpegs with transitions and music. I have burnt plenty like this before.

I am wondering if Windows Update has caused a problem?

I have even ecoded all clips again and still same problem . Hangs at 89%

Very Strange

Can anyone offer a suggestion. I am burning 4gig NTSC

Thanks

"I made some mpegs in Pinnacle and am trying to burn 5 mpegs together as Chapters."

A chapter is just a pointer to a specific time in one video file. In your case you can either use the 5 files as separate titles, then use a playlist to play them in sequence [which would be easier but might have a delay between titles], or join the 5 files into one longer mpg2. I think in effect that you're trying to do the latter, and there's a problem with whatever video is reached when the progress indicator shows 89%.

Try joining the files in Videowave, doing the first 2, then adding one at a time until done. It might work, and if it doesn't, you know the problem file -- maybe it can be repaired or maybe re-done in Pinnacle? If/When joining mpg2 files everything has to be identical, and it is more trouble prone. You might get away with tweaking the mpg2 settings in Videowave & joining the files there, you might try other software for joining, or you might have to re-render the 5 files into mpg2 rather than attempt to join them.

OR, just go the 5 titles & playlist route. There are several posts on this site I believe that'll tell you how to do it in MyDVD and get the functionality you're after.

Archived