Is Easy Media Creator 9 right for me

lance 22222

Question

Hi,

The video editing and dvd creation software that came with my Sony Vaio has been corrupted (DVGate Plus & Click to DVD). So I need to buy a replacement and am confused with all the choices.

I'm an average user who wants to:

1. I have a TV card so I can record TV shows... but want to edit them (delete commercials or pledge requests from public television) & then save to DVD

2. Record and edit home movies from a Hi8mm video camera. I can record by playing the tape into line 1... but want to edit it & then save to DVD

3. I play an instrument and would like to capture and record my pieces through a microphone input

4. It would be nice to record streaming music from internet radio

Is Easy Media Creator 9 the package for me? Will it do the above 4 tasks:

1. edit TV shows

2. edit home movies saved to my hard drive

3. record live music through a microphone

4. record streaming audio

5. assemble video clips and burn to a DVD

Thanks for any input!

P.S. Right now I use Gigapockets to record TV and VHS line 1 input, Windows Media Player to manage music and a My Pictures folder to manage photos.

2 answers to this question

Hi,

The video editing and dvd creation software that came with my Sony Vaio has been corrupted (DVGate Plus & Click to DVD). So I need to buy a replacement and am confused with all the choices.

I'm an average user who wants to:

1. I have a TV card so I can record TV shows... but want to edit them (delete commercials or pledge requests from public television) & then save to DVD

2. Record and edit home movies from a Hi8mm video camera. I can record by playing the tape into line 1... but want to edit it & then save to DVD

3. I play an instrument and would like to capture and record my pieces through a microphone input

4. It would be nice to record streaming music from internet radio

Is Easy Media Creator 9 the package for me? Will it do the above 4 tasks:

1. edit TV shows

2. edit home movies saved to my hard drive

3. record live music through a microphone

4. record streaming audio

5. assemble video clips and burn to a DVD

Thanks for any input!

P.S. Right now I use Gigapockets to record TV and VHS line 1 input, Windows Media Player to manage music and a My Pictures folder to manage photos.

Yes, try it , you'll like it. There is a trial version of EMC 9 available for download in the forum for that topic. It has a 30 day trial. You must have the proper equipment for it. If you have an old laptop or if you have video chips rather than a card or an outdated video card, some of the features (transitions) may not be available in VideoWave.

According to Amazon, the next version EMC 10 is due out in late September. If you like the features in 9, then , hopefully, 10 will be better or there may be some bargains in buying EMC 9. These tutorials are for Version 8 but they are pretty much the same for Version 9. They will give you a rough idea of what the Suite can do. You might want to consider the EMC 9 Deluxe Suite to get the DVC 90 capture device, Sound Soap audio cleaner, and other features not in the Standard.

By the way, Media Manager will do all the managing but it will be a resource hog until it catalogs all your files.

Archived