• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MEDIUM ERROR- CALIBRATION ERROR

Dogfight Pilot

Question

Hi guys i have this major problem ive been having both on my desktop and my laptop

If this helps: Desktop is Dell, Windows XP

Laptop is Compaq Presario Windows Vista

I use disc copier and im trying to copy these Yoga DVD's im being forced to copy by my mom.

Anyways, when it tells me to insert a blank disc, i do as it tells me. Then after a couple of seconds its like bla bla bla "Write error - Power Calibration Error - Medium" 03/73/04 And after that the blank DVD becomes invalid and theres nothing i can do with it! I lost like fricken (sorry) 10 blank DVDs like that! Roxio wtf! You know how much they cost? You BETTER or someone :glare: help me out or you gonna be dead ill call you every single time and nag and nag and keep saying "nope doesnt work" Cause i did everything! stat, %stat% your disk defragmentation magigy and (LOL?) driver update? I got my comp last week. ill go ninja on u :ninja: .

7 answers to this question

That error message isn't down to the program - it's either faulty media or a faulty drive

I know your machine is new, but faulty, new, just off the shelf drives do happen. I remember fitting a brand new CD-RW for a customer and it was dud from the word go

However, try a different brand of media first and if it still fails, ring Dell and ask for a warranty replacement

i just want to make this clear, before i updated my comp to vista, all was fine...

And you have to keep in mind this is with BOTH computers, and i UPDATED my drive on my desktop last week from staples too...

If it helps this a Memorex :D Dvd-R

the driver on my laptop is Nvidia 6150 go and on my desktop its Nvidia fx 5200, im pretty sure these drivers r fine, i updated all of it, if they can support counter strike: source, they can support everything

Google for Write error - Power Calibration Error and you will get a LOT of hits, including this one

"The "medium speed error" and "power calibration error" messages are a problem that occurs with newer as well as older CD writers. These error messages mean that the CD writer can not write to the empty CD-R because it can´t adapt the laser output power to the power needed to write the CD-R. This may be have different causes that are discussed below and possible solutions are given."

Full article here

LIKE I SAID IT WAS WORKING BEFORE USING THE SAME DRIVE AND SAME DVD!!!

That does not rule out either the drive going faulty or a bad batch of media.

Please google that error as I asked and you'll see that

Im gonna try to re-install Roxio, who knows, it worked for my friend...

Im gonna try to re-install Roxio, who knows, it worked for my friend...

Great just great... I did all clean uninstallation and now theres a file missing... Ill hand it to you Roxio... if you had a report card for your amount of errors and faulty CD's and small compatability, , get A+, extra credit, and youd get to skip grades...

Archived