FADE IN\OUT Duration Adjustment EMC 8 Videowave

phantom

Question

Problem: I want to change the duration of the fade IN/OUT

I have created a small Videowave production (say 10 photos). I then added Background music and selected FADE IN and FADE OUT.

Previous posts indicate that I should be able to select fade in or out then adjust the duration,but, I have no +/- icon next to these selections, to change the duration.

Eventually I would like to be able to adjust the fade duration of each individual track, of the background audio.

I need to do this from in the production, as the audio has already been trimmed to fit the photos.

Thank you inadvane for any help,

Kind Regards,

Phantom

6 answers to this question

sknis

When I double click I am takem to the Audio Trimmer. However last night I noticed that if I select "Edit Volume Enveolpe for Audio" I can add a point and then by pulling the fade in end point down, I can create as long a fade in as required. I is a bit messy but it works. Would prefer to be able to set fade duration from menu, but hey as long as I can do it.

Thanks for your response and any other suggestions would be appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Phantom

That works if you don't close the project before you burn it. If you do, the fade in/out is lost. Also be careful, that may also result in a volume blip at the end. I hesitated to suggest that route because of the problems.

sknis

thnaks again.

I think I need to wait for the problems in EMC 9 to be fixed then I will buy the Delux. Currently I am unable to resolve the issues with Version 9. Happy to wait, maybe version 10 will be the answer.

Kind Regards,

Eric

I the bolded a typo; you posted in V8, but the above reads as if you have V9?

I would agree that there is no good reason to upgrade from your version to V9 Deluxe version. V10 is due out late next month (according to Amazon) so you may want to wait for that.

Other than the volume issue, are you having any other issues that may help in the short-run?

I have created a small Videowave production (say 10 photos). I then added Background music and selected FADE IN and FADE OUT.

Previous posts indicate that I should be able to select fade in or out then adjust the duration,but, I have no +/- icon next to these selections, to change the duration.

Eventually I would like to be able to adjust the fade duration of each individual track, of the background audio.

I need to do this from in the production, as the audio has already been trimmed to fit the photos.

Kind Regards,

Phantom

The only version that allows you to change the fade in/out is the Deluxe; the other two versions don't. A bummer if you have used 7 or 7.5. What (sub)version of EMC 8 do you have?

When you double click on the individual audio track, what happens?

sknis

thnaks again.

I think I need to wait for the problems in EMC 9 to be fixed then I will buy the Delux. Currently I am unable to resolve the issues with Version 9. Happy to wait, maybe version 10 will be the answer.

Kind Regards,

Eric

Kind Regards,

Phantom

sknis

When I double click I am takem to the Audio Trimmer. However last night I noticed that if I select "Edit Volume Enveolpe for Audio" I can add a point and then by pulling the fade in end point down, I can create as long a fade in as required. I is a bit messy but it works. Would prefer to be able to set fade duration from menu, but hey as long as I can do it.

Thanks for your response and any other suggestions would be appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Phantom

Archived