XP proffessional trying to add a file in to videowave

mpr2511

Question

I have two problems, both to do with Video wave app

1) I cannot add avi files into video wave.

2) I cannot add VOB files.

The files formats both play in media player, and Gspot reports the codecs being present.

VOB files open in videowave, however the dialog box to pick from the VOB is empty. I have raised a call with Tech support via the website and have not had much luck.

They have asked me to upgrade the video driver and the direct X.

I am running XP prof SP2 and emc9XE, this came with the machine, the HW config is 2GB Mem Core2Deo 6600 with SATA drives.

Any assistance will be helpful

5 answers to this question

ok sorry for the dealy, the files are listed

as

'DVD "VOB" fromat

MGEF-2 Programstream << ( 1 Vid, 1 aud )

Sys Bitrate 10080kb/s VBR '

Codec for audio shows as ac3

video shows mpeg2

I copied the file to make it mpg extention and it cannot read this either

it comes back with and error

one of the files you are trying to add cannot be edited and have not been added :-(

Any further help is appriciated.

ok sorry for the dealy, the files are listed

as

'DVD "VOB" fromat

MGEF-2 Programstream << ( 1 Vid, 1 aud )

Sys Bitrate 10080kb/s VBR '

Codec for audio shows as ac3

video shows mpeg2

I copied the file to make it mpg extention and it cannot read this either

it comes back with and error

one of the files you are trying to add cannot be edited and have not been added :-(

Any further help is appriciated.

Did you remember to set Windows to show known extensions? Make sure you didn't name the file (name).mpg.vob.

I have two problems, both to do with Video wave app

1) I cannot add avi files into video wave.

2) I cannot add VOB files.

The files formats both play in media player, and Gspot reports the codecs being present.

VOB files open in videowave, however the dialog box to pick from the VOB is empty. I have raised a call with Tech support via the website and have not had much luck.

They have asked me to upgrade the video driver and the direct X.

I am running XP prof SP2 and emc9XE, this came with the machine, the HW config is 2GB Mem Core2Deo 6600 with SATA drives.

Any assistance will be helpful

The XE is a lite version of the product so it may not have all the functions enabled.

Please clarify the bolded statement.

What kind of AVI files are they ? DivX/ Where did you get them? What does Gspot say about the format?

VOB files are a container for audio, video, subs etc... I don't know what you can do with your version of EMC, but extract the content from the VOB files first and you might be able to use the result.

mikiem, Don't guess if you don't know re:VOB files :angry2: Please add your computer set up to your signature and list what Roxio products you are using. That will add some street creds to your answers. Some of them are off base.

VOB files are simply mpg2 files. If you can't add them directly, copy them to your hard drive, set Windows NOT to hide known file extensions and then rename them with a mpg extension. They should be added without a problem.

As I said, are AVI files DivX? You should know that from Gspot.

By the way, if the files are DRM protected you would not be able to use them.

Archived