• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unviewable Dvd's From Toast!

michael_wong2

Question

5 answers to this question

It's not a QuickTime issue since it plays on the Mac. The problem is why it doesn't play on the standalone DVD player. What happens when you insert the disc in the standalone player(s)?

Hey Tsantee,

The discs get spit right back out when I try them in standalone players (sony, pioneer, phillips). What I ended up doing after about 30 improperly written DVD's was re-install Panther on my computer. With Quicktime 6.5.2 it works perfectly now. Thanks for the input, it did help in the troubleshooting process.

Mike

Every disk I burn in Toast 6.1.1 comes out unreadable by any dvd player other than my powerbook. I'm on tiger 10.4.2 using quicktime 7.0.1.

I even tried encoding in toast and burning the disk image in utilities, same result. Any suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks.

Mike

I just went down to os 10.4 and quicktime 7.0.

Still doesn't work. The burner is Matshita uj-845e

Thanks,

Mike

If it plays with DVD Player then it is authored and burned properly. What happens when you put the disc in a DVD player? What brand of media are you using? It's really hard to guess why a disc plays in one device and not another.

thanks for the quick response! Yes, it works in mac dvd player. I'm using Maxell DVD-R, the same brand I've used for the past year with no problems.

Could it be a Quicktime issue?

Archived