burning dvd problem

shepherd1880

Question

Just put a new plextor dvd burner in my Dell 4600, only had a floppy and cd burner, replaced the cd burner with the dvd burner...Ive been tring to copy files from folders made by DVD shrink and I drag to roxio but the dvd never finishes burning , a error comes uo that files are missing or there is not enough space on the disc. I almost think roxio thinks im using a cd instead of a dvd . Roxio came with my plextor dvd burner

11 answers to this question

Shepherd: You are really going to have to explain what it is you are trying to do, and we have been asking!!!

No one can offer anymore help with out knowing that.

forget about it all, i downloaded a trial of nero and every thing worked so roxio im giving up on ..thanks all

It would appear that the drive and its' properties are correctly recognized.

Using Classic, select the files you want to copy to it.

Set the Media to DVD.

Set the Project Properties to UDF – No Bridge.

Click on Burn then Details. Clear the checkmark by Read Only and for now set the Record Option to Test Only.

Use a new blank piece of media – one that was never touched by D2D.

If it burns OK in test mode, change it to Write Only and give it a shot!

(By clearing the Read Only you can Add more files to the media at a later time. You cannot erase/delete anything, but can add)

forget about it all, i downloaded a trial of nero and every thing worked so roxio im giving up on ..thanks all

If you would have answered the questions asked of you, I would bet that the Roxio would have worked. You never answered whether or not you were trying to create a DVD that would play in a DVD player, or not.

It would appear that the drive and its' properties are correctly recognized.

Using Classic, select the files you want to copy to it.

Set the Media to DVD.

Set the Project Properties to UDF – No Bridge.

Click on Burn then Details. Clear the checkmark by Read Only and for now set the Record Option to Test Only.

Use a new blank piece of media – one that was never touched by D2D.

If it burns OK in test mode, change it to Write Only and give it a shot!

(By clearing the Read Only you can Add more files to the media at a later time. You cannot erase/delete anything, but can add)

I tried that but when I tried to add the video files it said Error: you are tring to create a dvd video. please use the disc copier application to do this ...Hwe do you set the media to DVD and the project properties to UDF?

I tried that but when I tried to add the video files it said Error: you are tring to create a dvd video. please use the disc copier application to do this ...Hwe do you set the media to DVD and the project properties to UDF?

Could ypu please explain what you are trying to do as I asked in post #2!

It's obvious that there is some confusion here.

Creating a data DVD and a video DVD are completely different tasks!

Just put a new plextor dvd burner in my Dell 4600, only had a floppy and cd burner, replaced the cd burner with the dvd burner...Ive been tring to copy files from folders made by DVD shrink and I drag to roxio but the dvd never finishes burning , a error comes uo that files are missing or there is not enough space on the disc. I almost think roxio thinks im using a cd instead of a dvd . Roxio came with my plextor dvd burner

From your post its impossible to tell what you are trying to do, burn a video DVD, data or what? What do you mean by "drag to Roxio"? There are many programs within EMC 9 that can be used depending on what you are trying to do. Since your Roxio came with your Plextor you most likely have a limited version of EMC 9 with many features not available that the full version has.

From your post its impossible to tell what you are trying to do, burn a video DVD, data or what? What do you mean by "drag to Roxio"? There are many programs within EMC 9 that can be used depending on what you are trying to do. Since your Roxio came with your Plextor you most likely have a limited version of EMC 9 with many features not available that the full version has.

I drag it to the disc on the drag to disc icon on the lower right side of my screen that pops up when you click on the system tray icon that says roxio drag to disc

If you are trying to burn files from DVD Shrink, you are trying to make a movie DVD. You should have explained that earlier, because you should be using Disc Copier to burn those files to a DVD movie.

I drag it to the disc on the drag to disc icon on the lower right side of my screen that pops up when you click on the system tray icon that says roxio drag to disc

First and foremost, D2D is packet writer and like all packet writers is about the least reliable form of burning ever devised!

If you want to continue to use, don't be surprised in a short period of time when you find your discs are unreadable…

What you need to do is to open Creator Classic and click on Tools - Disc and Device Utility.

What does it have to say about your drive?

While in there, click on Help – About and tell use the version number of Classic.

First and foremost, D2D is packet writer and like all packet writers is about the least reliable form of burning ever devised!

If you want to continue to use, don't be surprised in a short period of time when you find your discs are unreadable…

What you need to do is to open Creator Classic and click on Tools - Disc and Device Utility.

What does it have to say about your drive?

While in there, click on Help – About and tell use the version number of Classic.

Manufacturer and Model: Plextor DVDR PX-8000A

Firmware: 1.0

Supported Media: CD Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD Rom, DVD-R,DVDRW,DVD+R,DVD+RW

With blank disc in:

DVD-R, Blank Media

No of Zones 0

Free Space 4489.2 MB( 2,298,496 sectors)

Used Space 0.0 MB ( 0 sectors)

Roxio Easy Media Creator Home

Version:9.0.183

Build:901B83R, PLX

Serial #xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

copyright: sonic solutions

Module Engine:PX Engine

Build:3.4.46a, 4

copyright: sonic solutions 2006

Module name: Roxio Core

Version:3.3.0

Build: 331B78D, PLX