• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pciture on TV Getting Cut Off

jboejackson

Question

3 answers to this question

Was the project created in Widescreen? What you describe is called TV overscan. Can be as high as 15% on regular CRT TVs, but on a widescreen TV it should be much lower.

In Videowave and MyDVD, there is an option to turn on TV Safe Zone which displays a yellow checkboard that shows were the image 'maybe' cut off.

To eliminate this you have two options: 1) add a color border around each image by that amount, or 2) add a color panel and then add the image to the overlay track and shrink the image within the TV safe zone.

I usually opt for #1.

I created a slide show of picture from my vacation. After a full day of rendering I was able to burn a DL DVD that worked. When view the DVD on my widescreen TV some of the images were cut off. How can I correct this?

thanks for the tip. I found the TV Safe Zone option however there are over 500 pictures in my slide show. Is there a way to view the safe zone on all at the same time? Also, how do I do option #1. Thanks again for you assistance.

I use a shareware app called Image Cropper. It can be used for many things, but work great for this problem. Image Cropper also supports 4:3 and 16:9 formats. It doesn't overwrite the original file by creating a copy with the border. It has a batch feature so doing all 500 images wouldn't be too tedious. Unfortunately, you would have to redo the slide show project with the new files.

Get it here

Archived