Burning time/memory

h20goalie06

Question

Alright so I finally figured out how to get the dvd to work with a set top dvd player, but I was wondering how long it takes other people to burn thier dvds. When I go to burn a movie, it takes the length of the movie plus maybe 10 minutes to finish the burning process. Also though, i have noticed that I am losing memory after I burn a dvd. I have the movie saved on my computer, I burn the movie then delete the original copy now that it is on a dvd, but my defrag is stating I have used space. I looked in Mydvd, Mymovies, and the Roxio folder and can't find a saved copy of the movie or anything. Anyone have any ideas?

9 answers to this question

Before you start to render, close down all background running programs, IMs and so on. Also, defragment the hard drive.

It's also a good idea to run a spyware sweep (use either Lavasoft Adaware SE and/or Spybot S&D - they're both free) to make sure there's absolutely nothing running that shouldn't be.

While rendering - go have dinner, watch TV or anything and don't try to do anything else on the computer. It needs all the resources going as it's extremely CPU intensive

Actually, Length plus a Little, is pretty fast!

It is dependant on your CPU and what else you have running. Double your CPU speed and you will cut render time in half. From what you describe, you have at least a 3.0ghz.

I am guessing you are referring to HD space and not memory. Make sure you are not setting the "Save disc image file" or the "Create folder set" when you click Burn.

Most of the avi files around are DivX format - maybe you are missing the codecs for them. (it's hard to be certain without perching on your shoulder and checking, but I'd just get my feet wet doing that)

Try these codecs (get the full version - it's the same price as the rest - FREEEEEEE) :lol:

Processor: Genuine Intel® CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1022MB RAM

Hard Drive: 94 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

O its a dell, if that matters to anyone but really don't think that matters.

I found one ISO image in my c drive that I guess I accidently saved, but where else might they be saved, becuase I believe there are more, and you were right, I mean't HD space.

Ok, did that but only found 3 files that all seemed necessary and not added because of a burn. Thanks for the help and I have another question to quickly ask just since I'm already typing. I copy movies on to cds and the computer will play them, I did this to get them off my computer and save space. Now that I have a program and dvds I wanted to burn them to actual dvds but the files when saved to the computer again now have that cirlce with a line through it. I was wondering if its becuase how I saved them to the disc or what?

I would be very happy with such speed. A photo presentation plus a 5 minute film takes about 4-5 HOURS!!!

My PC has a 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon processor and 1 GB internal memory.

What can or should I do to improve the burning time to a 'normal' standard?

Archived