• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Basic Help Anywhere?

kathpdx

Question

Hi all...

I got Toast 8 so that I could transfer videos from Tivo to my Mac. I guess I assumed there was a lot more functionality in Toast, like editing. But I'm also looking for a basic What It Does, How To Do It kinda help....yet I think I might be swimming with the tech sharks here!

I guess my question is: Is there simply just so much more technically available via Toast, but it is not for the novice, not a real user friendly, easy to learn app? Did I just buy the Clock Shop when I only wanted to know what time it is?

Thanks for any education or pointers to other resources!!

Kath

5 answers to this question

Hi all...

I got Toast 8 so that I could transfer videos from Tivo to my Mac. I guess I assumed there was a lot more functionality in Toast, like editing. But I'm also looking for a basic What It Does, How To Do It kinda help....yet I think I might be swimming with the tech sharks here!

I guess my question is: Is there simply just so much more technically available via Toast, but it is not for the novice, not a real user friendly, easy to learn app? Did I just buy the Clock Shop when I only wanted to know what time it is?

Kath

Roxio Toast® 8 sets the standard for burning CDs, DVDs, and now Blu-ray discs on the Mac. Create superior sounding audio CDs with crossfades. Enjoy your TV shows anywhere with exclusive EyeTV burning and TiVoToGo™ transfers to DVD or iPod®. Copy your audio CDs, movies and DVDs. It's your digital life, Toast It!

You could use iMovie to edit before you burn a DVD...

Jim C...

Thanks guys! I will go research the links and resources offered. I did spend some time searching through the application looking for settings for saving the video so that I could open them up with iMovie, but haven't found it yet.

Again, not at home with my Mac, but you are looking for documentation on the Export feature. Once you get the show transferred from your tivo, you'll need to export it.

I don't want to steer you wrong with directions since I can't verify them right now, but I do know that there are all sorts of export choices, for using the file on an iPod, for sending it to iTunes, and for formatting it into something that iMovie and other software can read and edit.

Look there first, or use your favorite seach engine for details. But I do know you are looking to Export, rather than Save.

Hi all...

Kath

The basic step by step on TiVoToGo Transfers from your TiVo DVR is located here:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/v8/tivo_togo.html

Once you've gone through that process, which is fairly simple, let us know what you want to do next and we'll try to help you out with that.

Thanks guys! I will go research the links and resources offered. I did spend some time searching through the application looking for settings for saving the video so that I could open them up with iMovie, but haven't found it yet.

Someone else told me I had to get some other shareware for editing.

I will go do more research and attempt to return here with specific questions!! (I am glad y'all are here!!)

Thanks!

Archived