• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

editing video shouldn't be this tough!

rapunzel

Question

I'm guessing I'm missing something obvious here because on my older versions of MyDVD editing video was pretty much idiot-proof. Well, obviously they've found the idiot in the room because on MyDVD 9 I cannot do it!

I transferred a program over from my Tivo (now that Tivo has finally issued a Vista compatible Tivo desktop) & tried to edit the commercials out so I can fit more than a couple shows on one disk, but I'll be hanged if I can figure out how this new version of MyDVD works & their tutorial & help files are utterly useless.

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing? I did notice that I could go to Video Wave- separately- but that only allows me to chop off the very beginning & end of the program- no editing in the middle of the program. What use is this? On my older version, all the editing was in ONE program- very easy & handy, I could edit, add chapter, edit again, delete sections of video I didn't want as I went along... here you can only delete from the very beginning & very end. Seriously, I must be missing something, right?

Please help me figure this out- I am truly wondering what on Earth I spent my money on with the Roxio upgrade. My old 3.x version was the best thing ever & this new version is so horrific. Terrible menu backgrounds, completely hideous UI... what were they thinking? I miss my old one & wish it would work on my new machine & with the new Tivo Desktop. I never had any trouble with it. Sometimes, progress just isn't progress. HELP!

3 answers to this question

I'm guessing I'm missing something obvious here because on my older versions of MyDVD editing video was pretty much idiot-proof. Well, obviously they've found the idiot in the room because on MyDVD 9 I cannot do it!

I transferred a program over from my Tivo (now that Tivo has finally issued a Vista compatible Tivo desktop) & tried to edit the commercials out so I can fit more than a couple shows on one disk, but I'll be hanged if I can figure out how this new version of MyDVD works & their tutorial & help files are utterly useless.

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing? I did notice that I could go to Video Wave- separately- but that only allows me to chop off the very beginning & end of the program- no editing in the middle of the program. What use is this? On my older version, all the editing was in ONE program- very easy & handy, I could edit, add chapter, edit again, delete sections of video I didn't want as I went along... here you can only delete from the very beginning & very end. Seriously, I must be missing something, right?

Please help me figure this out- I am truly wondering what on Earth I spent my money on with the Roxio upgrade. My old 3.x version was the best thing ever & this new version is so horrific. Terrible menu backgrounds, completely hideous UI... what were they thinking? I miss my old one & wish it would work on my new machine & with the new Tivo Desktop. I never had any trouble with it. Sometimes, progress just isn't progress. HELP!

Not sure exactly what version you have but you would want to use Videowave to edit out commercials. Perhaps the best way is to view the tutorials. You can find some good ones here and here.

Perfection! That was exactly what I was looking for! I wasn't in the "Timeline" mode & couldn't figure out how to "split" it up & get rid of the garbage. Thank you thank you thank you thank you! :)

Your welcome. One of those links was created by one of the gurus (sknis) and he gets the thanks!

I'm glad it helped you out.

Archived