• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Commercial removing not working

hmcw38

Question

In attempting to edit my TIvo recordings, I did EXACTLY as the locked post says to do (mark the beginning and end of the commercial segment and then trim the selection. Each time I did, the program left in a large portion of the segment I had marked (I had marked about 8 minutes for trimming and only 3 minutes were actually removed). I tried it several times and the same thing resulted. I am in agreement with several other posters I have read. There is nothing "Easy" about this software at all. Not intuitive, horribly documented and incredibly frustrating to work with. And I too and not at all a technophobe and consider myself (as do others) to be technologically proficient.

5 answers to this question

In attempting to edit my TIvo recordings, I did EXACTLY as the locked post says to do (mark the beginning and end of the commercial segment and then trim the selection.
TRIM? Not the correct term or you're doing it wrong. If you're following the HELP file, it is not correct.

There are several posts in the forum with screen shots that show the correct procedure. Just search the forum.

Thanks for the response. I double checked and if you click on the link in the post in this thread that seems to be linked to everywhere in this forum (malatekid's posting), that is the exact post I was following and the term used is "multi-trim". the mouse over on the button in the software uses the word "multi-trim" also.

Regarding searching the forums, this doesn't appear to be any easier than working in the software itself. A search on the search term "editing commercials" returned this:

Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show.

I tried just using the word "commerical" as well and that returns a number of hits, mostly non-relevant. Is there any specific search term you suggest I use, the ones that seem to be common sense to me yielded poor results.

Manually cut out the commercials. Watch the video about cutting out sections.

TRIM? Not the correct term or you're doing it wrong. If you're following the HELP file, it is not correct.

There are several posts in the forum with screen shots that show the correct procedure. Just search the forum.

Thanks for the response. I double checked and if you click on the link in the post in this thread that seems to be linked to everywhere in this forum (malatekid's posting), that is the exact post I was following and the term used is "multi-trim". the mouse over on the button in the software uses the word "multi-trim" also.

Regarding searching the forums, this doesn't appear to be any easier than working in the software itself. A search on the search term "editing commercials" returned this:

Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show.

I tried just using the word "commerical" as well and that returns a number of hits, mostly non-relevant. Is there any specific search term you suggest I use, the ones that seem to be common sense to me yielded poor results.

Archived