• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

easy creator 5-Udf reader take on Easy Creator 9

Acer

Question

Hi, I want to know is any one know a solution to this.

I have an old computer running easy creator 5 on windows98. Now, ihave a windows xp. I want know if easy creator 9 can decrypt an easy creator 5 Udf reader. i want to have access to my cd family documents on my window xp. let me know.

Would gladly appreciate the the help.

:(

2 answers to this question

Hi, I want to know is any one know a solution to this.

I have an old computer running easy creator 5 on windows98. Now, ihave a windows xp. I want know if easy creator 9 can decrypt an easy creator 5 Udf reader. i want to have access to my cd family documents on my window xp. let me know.

Would gladly appreciate the the help.

:(

If you want to guarantee you can read your data, take your old disc, in your old computer, and copy all the files to your HD. Now take all those files and write them to CD using Easy CD Creator, selecting the "Data Disc" option. Do not use Direct CD. Having said that, if you already have your new computer, put one of the discs in and see if it's readable. Nothing beats actually trying it, as you'll find in a tag-line around here.

XP and Vista both have built in Packet Writer, readers. (FYI: UDF is the format used on the media and it absolutely in no way implies packet writing!!!)

If you used Compression in making them, the OS reader will not be able to read them.

V9 D2D should be able to read them, even compressed, but it cannot Write to any disc formatted before it.

Dave offered the best solution as anyone who has ever used packet writing to any extent knows it is the most unreliable form of burning ever devised!

Oh, installing the V5 Reader in XP will result in errors that are very difficult to clear up!

Archived