Split internal track overlay

fgvideo

Question

I'm adding an overlay from a 2nd camera angle to the internal track of a long scene taken with the 1st camera. Is it possible to split the overlay at various points so that I can switch the video back and forth between the two camera angles? I know I can do this when the overlay is not in the internal track; but I found out that if I add a transition before the main scene, it throws the audio out of sync between the two shots.

6 answers to this question

I'm adding an overlay from a 2nd camera angle to the internal track of a long scene taken with the 1st camera. Is it possible to split the overlay at various points so that I can switch the video back and forth between the two camera angles? I know I can do this when the overlay is not in the internal track; but I found out that if I add a transition before the main scene, it throws the audio out of sync between the two shots.

Don't know but you may want to split the overlay video file in Video Wave and save the splits under different names. Add each one individually where you want it.

Please explain the bolded text; I don't understand the statement.

Don't know but you may want to split the overlay video file in Video Wave and save the splits under different names. Add each one individually where you want it.

Please explain the bolded text; I don't understand the statement.

I added an overlay (not on the internal track) and synchronized it with the video track so that I could cut out sections of the overlay and show the person speaking from two different angles. When I went back and added a transition to the main video track, the synchronization was lost.

I added an overlay (not on the internal track) and synchronized it with the video track so that I could cut out sections of the overlay and show the person speaking from two different angles. When I went back and added a transition to the main video track, the synchronization was lost.

Of course it was. You didn't have it on the internal track, so you have to move it again.

Ok, thanks. BTW, how do you split the overlay in VW and save the splits using different names?

You don't split the overlay; you split the video file that you will use in the overlay track.

Cut out the parts you don't want and output the file to mpg2 for DVD best quality (film reel icon above the preview window).. Repeat as necessary reloading the original video each time.

Remember you do not change the original file by doing the editing (cutting out the parts you don't want) unless you overwrite the original file name. That's why you use different names.

You then add the mpg files on the overlay track where you want them.

Archived