• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Import Video From Dvd Issue

uva25

Question

I have been importing home videos from a burned DVD for a week. Last night, I put a DVD in the drive, Roxio recognized it, I selected the entire movie(60 minutes) and hit import now (MPEG format). After a minute (and 0% progress) it said 100% complete but obviously did not create a file. I tried several other simlar DVD's to no avail. Finally I rebooted a few times and tried later on and it worked, albeit slowly (it took about 90 minutes for a 60 minue movie). Any suggestions?

8 answers to this question

I am new to EMC 8 and also disappointed with the time it takes to import .vob files from DVD. It takes longer than the actual run time!!! :)

If V7 imports more quickly, maybe I should consider a return/exchange? And ggrussell please clarify, by V7 do you mean Wideo Wave 7 or EMC 7.

I only want to do simple video editing - removing certain segments and doing a few fades here and there. Maybe EMC 8 is not the best tool for me??

Please help me sort this out.

I am new to EMC 8 and also disappointed with the time it takes to import .vob files from DVD. It takes longer than the actual run time!!! :)

If V7 imports more quickly, maybe I should consider a return/exchange? And ggrussell please clarify, by V7 do you mean Wideo Wave 7 or EMC 7.

I only want to do simple video editing - removing certain segments and doing a few fades here and there. Maybe EMC 8 is not the best tool for me??

Please help me sort this out.

Most of us refer to programs in EMC 7 or EMC 8. We rarely refer to standalone programs like VideoWave 7 Professional, because that same program, and more, is in EMC 7.

Most of us refer to programs in EMC 7 or EMC 8. We rarely refer to standalone programs like VideoWave 7 Professional, because that same program, and more, is in EMC 7.
Thanks but I am still unsure that EMC 8 is right for me as import speed is an issue. What are the other differences between VideoWave in EMC 7 for EMC 8?

Hey - did the original issue on this thread ever get fixed? I just started having this same exact problem. I have a standalone DVD recorder (Sony VRD-VC20) which I used to record some shows off Tivo (a couple comedy routines). I wanted to capture to the computer to grab a small part of the routine to email a friend.

In the past, I've been able to use Media Import in EMC 8.05 to successfully import movies off DVD. However, I have the same problem as the originator of this thread - I get the first minute, and then nothing. This is the case with both WMV and MPEG import. I did not try DIVX because that never works for me -- crashes. I also tried different DVDs with the same result. I also tried using "SmartDVDRipper" to copy the VOBs to my hard drive, then used EMC 8 Disc Copy to copy to an .ISO image. I then mounted the ISO using EMC 8's Disc Image Loader, and tried to use Media Import against that. Guess what? Got the first minute, and that was it... What a long way to go to end up right back where I started...

My system is pretty good. Roxio 805B30B ENU. Pentium 2.6 GHz, 1GB RAM (dual-channel DDR2), 2 x 160 GB Drives (one SATA, one IDE, both 7200rpm w/ 8MB cache), Sony VRD-VC20 (USB 2.0), video card AGP 4X NVidia GeForce FX 5500 w/ 256MB RAM (driver 6.14.0010.8198), DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904), Windows XP (professional), SP2.

One note: I do not run as Administrator.

Any thoughts are most appreciated.

I have been importing home videos from a burned DVD for a week. Last night, I put a DVD in the drive, Roxio recognized it, I selected the entire movie(60 minutes) and hit import now (MPEG format). After a minute (and 0% progress) it said 100% complete but obviously did not create a file. I tried several other simlar DVD's to no avail. Finally I rebooted a few times and tried later on and it worked, albeit slowly (it took about 90 minutes for a 60 minue movie). Any suggestions?

This doesn't work in all cases, but you can copy the VOB files to your HD and rename them to MPG…

See if that works for you.

Archived