ERROR IN TOAST 7

kayvolvo

Question

This is my first time using Toast. I've been trying to burn an MP3 audio CD and keep getting this error:

The drive reported an error:

Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST

Sense Code = 0x72, 0x03

SESSION FIXATION ERROR – INCOMPLETE TRACK IN SESSION

Lead in or Lead out Failed to Be Written

I've tried burning at a slower speed as well as the "Best" setting. I have to burn 35 CD's in an hour.. please help!

3 answers to this question

Try a different brand of CD-R media.

Also you can try choosing Save as Disc Image from the File menu and then burning that disc image using the Image File setting in the Copy window. This would be a better way to go when making multiple copies in any case.

Try a different brand of CD-R media.

Also you can try choosing Save as Disc Image from the File menu and then burning that disc image using the Image File setting in the Copy window. This would be a better way to go when making multiple copies in any case.

Thanks for the tip.. still having the same problem though..

Thanks for the tip.. still having the same problem though..

Does this mean you were able to save the disc image but the same error appeared when attempting to burn the CD-R? Since it didn't help to try a different brand of media then I suggest getting a laser-cleaning disc to see if the problem may be due to dust on the drive's laser. I'd also shut down the Mac and wait a few minutes before restarting to see if resetting the drive makes any difference.

You say you are making an MP3 audio CD. I'm presuming that means you are using the MP3 setting in the Toast Audio window and all the files are already in the MP3 format. Is that correct?

Archived