• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Stopping drag to disc

jl747

Question

8 answers to this question

How do I stop "Drag to Disc" from showing up at start up or when rebooting?

The only thing that is checked in Options is "Display Drag to Disc when disc is inserted.

Thanks

Use msconfig and go to start-up. Uncheck D2D. Reboot. Acknowledge that you have made changes and do not show you again when you get the nag screen. Do can also just delete it from the Windows Add or Remove programs path. It is listed as a separate installation.

I use D2D and it works well for me and has since version 5 thru version 9. :) Just don't try to burn past the media's rated speed and keep your DVD-CD drive firmware current. Others may not be following the manufacturer's recommendations and you'll know what their story will be. :lol:

I keep getting the D2D icon on the desktop with EMC 9.1 under VISTA but I just ignore it. I can't get rid of the icon either. It's a bug!

Thanks

I have had a lot of problems with EMC9.

I found out that Norton Systemworks does not like EMC9.

Go figure.

Removed it and went back to EMC5 for now.

I removed Norton Systemworks and installed Ashampoo WinOptimizer instead - does everything that NSW does (except for AV) and does it better and more efficiently - well it doesn't clear out bits of the registry to such an extent that it stops apps working)

I use D2D and it works well for me and has since version 5 thru version 9. :) Just don't try to burn past the media's rated speed and keep your DVD-CD drive firmware current. Others may not be following the manufacturer's recommendations and you'll know what their story will be. :lol:

I keep getting the D2D icon on the desktop with EMC 9.1 under VISTA but I just ignore it. I can't get rid of the icon either. It's a bug!

Dave: Your personal experiences with packet writing are atypical of the vast majority and should in no way be held up as some shining example!

Following these and other burning forums for many years, you will never see a single post about losing data on a Authored data disc! However you will see hundreds or perhaps even thousands about losing data with a packet writer!

The real world numbers do not support your experience, so it is a poor example to cite.

Archived