Media Creator 9 won't launch

Clarke.h

Question

Installed program. Launched and copied programs to disc. That night shut down computer. Next morning booted up computer. Tried to launch Easy Media Creator 9 Home area, but it would not launch. This is the third time this has happened. Have uninstalled and reinstalled program three times. Last time disabled antivirus program hoping this would work. Upon searching this forum I found the information on how to do a clean install. Followed the instruction as they were stated. Everything was working just fine all day. Shut down system for the night and the next morning booted back up. Tried using Media Creator 9 that day and ran into the same porblem. Program would not launch. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

Clarke

12 answers to this question

Did as you suggested.....tried to launch each and every application in Roxio.....I got absolutely nowhere....the hourglass appears for a moment then disappears, and nothing opens up! :(

Say , I am from Canada too , got my Creator 9 Suite from Staples in May this spring and still can not get it to work, I tried the clean install etc with no good results. gave up for a while and finaly got up enough courage to try again to-day with the same discouraging results which seem to be exactly like yours. I just noticed a label on the bottom end of the box that this produce is for sale in Canada only and am wondering if there are more Canadians having the same problems , could it be that there was a bad lot made and we are the unlucky ones who got them.Of course as soon as the seal was broken on the box there was no recourse for a refund from Staples. So I am in agreeance with you that it is a lot of money wasted for a very poor product.

Monpine

Get what to work? On my computer, all of my programs work from the icon on the desktop or from the Start/All Programs...

I don't have IE7 or WMP 10 or 11 on my computer.

I'm not a PC Guru, only a novice, so tell me what information will help you help me.....I installed Roxio EMC9 with no problems, launched the progam to create a DVD one time. The program seemed to be working fine, but didn't produce a DVD due to some error (which I thought was on my part). Exited the program. Next day returned to try again, but could not even launch EMC9 from the desktop (shortcut) or from my Start Program menu. It doesn't do anything! If I go Start..Program...Roxio....Home....NOTHING! My computer is running Windows XP Home. What can I do other than uninstalling the complete program and throwing it in the trash!!!! Seems a shame to pay such a high price for a program that's junk!!!! :(

I'm not a PC Guru, only a novice, so tell me what information will help you help me.....I installed Roxio EMC9 with no problems, launched the progam to create a DVD one time. The program seemed to be working fine, but didn't produce a DVD due to some error (which I thought was on my part). Exited the program. Next day returned to try again, but could not even launch EMC9 from the desktop (shortcut) or from my Start Program menu. It doesn't do anything! If I go Start..Program...Roxio....Home....NOTHING! My computer is running Windows XP Home. What can I do other than uninstalling the complete program and throwing it in the trash!!!! Seems a shame to pay such a high price for a program that's junk!!!! :(

Don't try to get the Home to work from Start/All Programs. Try any of the other programs.

Did as you suggested.....tried to launch each and every application in Roxio.....I got absolutely nowhere....the hourglass appears for a moment then disappears, and nothing opens up! :(

I think that you need to do a clean install of the software, again. Follow the instructions here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=24606

I've got the same issue. I installed the applications, they ran OK the first time I tried them, although I did get a crash on exit of Disk Copier. Now I'm trying again after a week and each program won't start. Just a brief hourglass and then nothing. I seem to recall a similar problem with 7, Sigh.

Don't try to get the Home to work from Start/All Programs. Try any of the other programs.

I had a similar experience. I could launch things from the start menu if they were not part of the EMC9 package.

I gave in and call support today. They suggested checking for: InternetExplorer7 and WindowsMediaPlayer11

After checking for the presence of these two packages, I will scrub the system clean and reinstall one more time.

Hoping this time it will continue working. :-)

I had a similar experience. I could launch things from the start menu if they were not part of the EMC9 package.

I gave in and call support today. They suggested checking for: InternetExplorer7 and WindowsMediaPlayer11

After checking for the presence of these two packages, I will scrub the system clean and reinstall one more time.

I have the same problem. I can not get easy creator 9 Home to launch from desktop icon. But I can get individual sections of the program to run from start/program list. Not the home menu. It worked the first time I installed the program, but no more. Also so times the capture video works and sometime it does not. Seems creator 9 has more problems than not. I have been trying to get home video's onto DVD's.

Did anyone get this to work after reinstallation? I've encountered the same problem and can't get the program to do anything! :(

Get what to work? On my computer, all of my programs work from the icon on the desktop or from the Start/All Programs...

I don't have IE7 or WMP 10 or 11 on my computer.

Archived