• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio & Sonic continued artifacts in Registry

g3man

Question

All,

after numerous attempts to uninstall and clean installs to get the EMC9 running on Vista, I have given up and accepted the monetary loss. Am trying to make sure there are no remnants of Roxio in my computer. I followed the special procedures using Windows Cleanup Utility and the instructions by Roxio to clean the registry. Unfortunately, when I review my startup (MSCONFIG) and registry (regedit) I continue to see Roxio and Sonic files throughout. Is there a good program that will do a thoroughly wipe this POS from my system.

My next recourse is to re-image my computer using the ghost image prior to the start of this misadventure.

Vista certification is a joke and makes you wonder how much stock to put on the processs to get Vista certified. :(

-cheers

6 answers to this question

I have a licensed copy and it's good for multiple PCs. It's a suite of programs, one of which is the cleaner. Another part of it is the compactor. Overall, some good tools. It doesn't find everything and so two or more cleaners may be needed. It available for a 30 days free trial. Be careful and take backups!

The software will not work with Vista 64 bit, according to their web site.

The software will not work with Vista 64 bit, according to their web site.

thanks all,

decided to reimage my drive with norton ghost using an image prior to the EMC9 installation. worked perfectly, system is now pristine.

am deciding what to do with my current copy. Does EMC9.0 work well with XP? Or should I not tempt fate again.

-later

Try JV16 Power Tools, regclean or regcleaner. One or more "cleaner" type tools will clean out Roxio and Sonic. I would follow the recommended removal procedure from Roxio before attempting to use a registry clean tool.

Big_Dave,

I did follow the procedures from Roxio. Again, it is not as thorough as one would believe. There are Roxio and Sonic components throughout my registry and startup.

Thanks for the leads. What is your opinion on JV16 Power Tools on Vista?

-again, thanks

I have a licensed copy and it's good for multiple PCs. It's a suite of programs, one of which is the cleaner. Another part of it is the compactor. Overall, some good tools. It doesn't find everything and so two or more cleaners may be needed. It available for a 30 days free trial. Be careful and take backups!

Archived