Add Video Effect

ConfusedbyRoxio

Question

In VideoWave, I add a few photos, select one of the photos in the storyline pane and then select "add video effect" - the application hangs/freezes. The only recovery is to kill the Roxio processes and reboot. Am I trying to do something unsupported?

Also, why is it that so many functions in this application result in a hang/freeze that requires a reboot? Why doesn't the application just say "unsupported"?

To answer the obvious questions - yes, my video drivers and Direct X are up to date. I am running an Intel Dual Core Duo machine at 2.4 GHz with 2 Gb of memory with XP Home.

2 answers to this question

In VideoWave, I add a few photos, select one of the photos in the storyline pane and then select "add video effect" - the application hangs/freezes. The only recovery is to kill the Roxio processes and reboot. Am I trying to do something unsupported?

Also, why is it that so many functions in this application result in a hang/freeze that requires a reboot? Why doesn't the application just say "unsupported"?

To answer the obvious questions - yes, my video drivers and Direct X are up to date. I am running an Intel Dual Core Duo machine at 2.4 GHz with 2 Gb of memory with XP Home.

Most of these types of problems indicate a video chipset that doesn't fully support DirectX.

As a test, in Video Wave go to the top menu and select tools then options and then put a dot near software. Try again. If it works, then either your video card/chip is not able to handle the program OR your drivers did not install correctly. Use dxdiag to see if the drivers are the ones you think they should be. Looks like that is a pretty new machine and new drivers are released often.

In rare cases, the new drivers do cause problems. Instead of updating from ATI or nVidia, you might want to see which drivers are the recommended ones from the card/chip manufacturer. For example my old card had NVidia chips but the video card was made by EVGA.

Archived