Software freezing

cavalierdudley2002

Question

I just upgraded from Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 to Creator 9. I'm able to open my video files that were created wtih version 7, but any time I try to do anything with the file (e.g. add a picture, change a transition, etc.), the software freezes, and I have to shut down my computer.

Does anyone know why the software is freezing? I never had that problem with version 7. The software is virtually unusable right now. Do I need to uninstall version 7?

2 answers to this question

If you are using Vista (which, presuming you are because you posted in the Vista forum) you will have to totally remove all Roxio products prior to v9 - they will NOT work and will cause problems. You will have to re-install v9 after (check for the clean install post pinned to the top of the forum)

Also, if you 'upgraded' to Vista over an existing OS, you have imported problems - the best way is always to do a reformat and install the OS cleanly on the wiped partition and then add the software

I have just got a new cpu a quad core with vista and payed for em9 because it was vista combatable but even after a system restore and installing em9 fisrt program just frezes.

I have to buy a new gfx card as the gforce 8300 i think is my bottle neck on my system.

I have read the board and will awaite the patch unless anyone can tell me if i have done anythink wrong.

please roxio I paid £50 because you said it would work with vista fix it please

Archived