Uninstall / Reinstall

Computer Guy

Question

I tried to reinstall Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite to correct a problem with a not working desktop icon.

I have tried three times following all the tips that I can find including the ones at the top of the post. It keeps saying that the CD Key is no good. Why would the key all of a sudden become no good.

Why is there not a simple fix for this problem. I now have a pair of cd's of unusable junk.

6 answers to this question

There really are only 2 possibilities.

1) The above reply has one possibility.

2) You might be entering the key wrong. Some folks confuse an 8 and a B. Some folks confuse a 0 and a O. Some folks confuse a 2 and a Z. Give some things like that a try and see where it gets you.

I have put the key in in small case, large case and some combinations. I cannot get the cd to go past the cd key. I have even turned off my antivirus and spyware scanners, still no joy.

I hope someone comes up with some sort of answer as I cannot afford to throw away $100 on a program I cannot use.

Don

Have already tried that three times. Same result.

Don

I have now run Registry Mechanic on my computer. I have run regedit on my computer and taken all reference to Sonic or Roxio out of my registry. I then ran Registry mechanic. Then I uninstalled Internet Explorer 7 and ran your fix again. Still no joy. I still have 2 junk cds.

Don

Archived