Import Media Closes On Video

jsm1226

Question

Sorry for the duplicate post, but I put the other in general questions. I have a Toshiba Tblet PC R15-S829 1.7 gig, 512k 75gig HD. When I open media import all is well. When I choose VIDEO the program closes. I use a Dazzle Digital Media Creator 80. This works with Vidoewave 4 and with ARC Soft production studio that came with the computer. I like EMC 8 in general, but wish the whole program would work. I have managed to get it to open twice, but with the pop up the says the program had a serious error and needs to close. I have sent this to Microsoft and Sonic, but have not rec'd a reply yet. Any suggestions other than using the software that came with the DVC 80 ( you know Videowave4 an earlier version of Videowave8)??

5 answers to this question

Just wanted to say thanks! I burned a DVD thru EMC8 and then left the DVD in the drive. I then opened IMPORT MEDIA. It did take a few tries, but VIDEO CAPTURE did work. I closed everything and tried again, and after a few tries, it did stay open and I was able to capture video and audio. I do wonder why they have not fixed this, but a work around solution is still better than it not working.

I almost gave up, too. The trick to finding solutions to problems like that is to use MSCONFIG to narrow down which startup item is causing the problem. Once that is done, you locate that file on your computer, right-click, properties, version, and find out who the vendor is and any other useful information. In this case the dll belonged to Microsoft. Then I did a search on Microsoft's web site for that specific dll, which I can't remember the name, but it starts with a "C".

Now all I have to do is remember not to drag the timeline indicator in VideoWave too far to the left so that it doesn't cross the zero mark. That's what I'm looking for now. Off I go.

I had a similar problem with MyDVD 8. When I clicked on then Photo or Video button, the Media Importer would close. I traced my problem to Advanced Text Services -- languages, speech recognition, handwriting recognition, etc. I have the Microsoft Office Langauge bar with a few different languages that I can switch to. There is an option to allow advanced text services to any application. When I unchecked that option and rebooted, the problem went away.

In the control panel, select Regional and Language options, click Languages tab, click Details button, click Advanced tab. Uncheck the first option that extends services to any program. There is another option to turn off services to all programs, but that isn't necessary.

THANK YOU I just followed your suggestion and when my computer rebooted I started EMC8 and clicked on capture and LO and Behold it works. I had no idea that Media Creator and XP had a language barrior issue!! Now, form all that I can tell, I have EMC8 fully functional.

I thought that I would have to give up. For those of you that are still searching for answers, I would just suggest trying all sorts of steps even when they seem unrelated. Think about it, A language addin conflicting with video capture, I would never had guessed that one. And, after all, you can always restore your system to back to a before EMC8 state and start again. I had done that on our other computer when I installed things and they got out of hand.

Archived