• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

can't open movie burned with my dvd plus

caverintag

Question

I switched to windows vista and tried to copy a couple movies to my hard drive that I created using my dvd plus! My dvd plus isn't compatible with Vista so it was removed from my computer, now after copying to hard drive media player cannot find the proper file to open movie! The movie plays fine on the dvd player in my computer but cannot open after copying! The tech at Sonic I spoke with says it is a Vista issue! Please help!

The movie was created while I was operating XP

7 answers to this question

The video plays fine from the disc! The problem is wmp doesn't have the voc codec and can't find it! Sonic program must have used it when I created the disc and since I had to remove My DVD Plus when I upgraded to Vista (My DVD Plus isn't compatible) There is no program in Vista that recognizes the VOC file needed to copy and play the video from the hard drive! (My DVD Plus) uses an old (very Old) format that is useless in todays OS's My concern is I have a number of discs that have been created using the (My DVD Plus) program that I can copy but can't play! What is available to use? Is anything! I don't want to hear it's a Vista Problem because if a mfg doesn't have the resources to fix an issue like this then I don't want to give them my business!

now after copying to hard drive media player cannot find the proper file to open movie! The movie plays fine on the dvd player in my computer but cannot open after copying!

"media player cannot find the proper file to open movie" meaning Windows Media Player and what version of WMP 9, 10, or, 11? How did you copy the movie from the hard drive and in what application? You say Vob, is the copied disc the same as the original?

The tech at Sonic I spoke with says it is a Vista issue!

Have you tried to play the copied disc on a pc with XP as the OS?

cd

I have not tried to copy disc to the hard drive on XP and try to play it, as I don't have dvd player on an xp computer!

The Media player came with Vista OS! I don't know what version but it does stay updated so the newest possible I would say!

I did just copy and paste to document folder!

I have not tried to copy disc to the hard drive on XP and try to play it, as I don't have dvd player on an xp computer!

The Media player came with Vista OS! I don't know what version but it does stay updated so the newest possible I would say!

You don't need a DVD player to play a DVD in XP, Vista I don't know but try this on both.

Open WMP, from the top of WMP window, file, open, in the open window use the dropdown arrow to navigate to the disc or the file on the hard drive, WMP should play choosing the VIDEO_TS.IFO, open or any vob file.

cd

Archived